Columbus, OH?

16 posts in this topic

67 is actually from Dayton also.

What do you like to eat? I'll buy!

Would LOVE to meet you.

Chris

I'm an all american guy.

Cheeseburgers ;-)

The dates are getting shuffled around a bit. It's a symptom of having two bosses.

The Thurman Cafe downtown has great burgers, they have been written up as one of the ten best burgers in the nation. They buy all their beef fresh from a local slaughterhouse, so what you eat was on the hoof yesterday. They have been family owned since something like 1937 and the beer is just ungodly ice cold, every time. Best wings in Columbus anywhere. I usually get the hottet available, they make me break out into a healthy sweat.

The other idea would be Moretti's, the only resteraunt in Dublin i really like, but they are Italian.

Personally, I think you'd like the Thurman better.

Keep me posted on dates...

Chris

The Thurman Cafe downtown has great burgers, they have been written up as one of the ten best burgers in the nation. They buy all their beef fresh from a local slaughterhouse, so what you eat was on the hoof yesterday. They have been family owned since something like 1937 and the beer is just ungodly ice cold, every time. Best wings in Columbus anywhere. I usually get the hottet available, they make me break out into a healthy sweat.

The other idea would be Moretti's, the only resteraunt in Dublin i really like, but they are Italian.

Personally, I think you'd like the Thurman better.

Keep me posted on dates...

Chris

Yum!

Try Dirty Frank's Hot Dogs, and also go to The North Market (downtown C-bus, not Dublin).

If you spend the day down towards Thurman's, and find yourself wanting to go for some bratwurst, head to Schmidt's Sausage Haus, which is also in German Village.

Just a few suggestions...

You had me at Bratwurst.

I'm going to be there for work, so I don't know how much time I'll have but it will be at least one free evening.

Get the Autobahn buffet (Bahama Mama sausages are the best!), Schmidt's Dark (brewed locally by Elevator Brewery), and a giant cream puff for desert. You may find yourself wanting to die when all is said and done (at least slip into a food coma), but it is soooooooo worth it.

Damnit. Now I'm hungry.

EDIT: Damn, there for work? Probably have to skip the beer, then.

Edited by ichbinjohnk

EDIT: Damn, there for work? Probably have to skip the beer, then.

Hahah. no. What I do on my own time is my business. Besides, management is from Toronto. They don't think anything of having a beer with lunch.

We ought to have an Ohio get together. I know of other posters from central Ohio here...

At Scmidts is good!

Chris

Anyone else interested in a Central Ohio get together? If you can't make it Thurs or Friday, I would like to meet any other GM fanatics that want to get together and talk about cars and life.

As the old saying goes, let's do lunch!

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0