I can't get the forums to load in Firefox

Now that I've updated to 1.5 I can confirm that it works fine with C&G.

[post="60178"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hrm. I haven't restarted yet, but I can confirm that my internet connection is working fine. Totally weird. Clicking on a link, the status bar shows the proper place, but clicking it just makes it go straight to "Done". Entering it into the address bar directly, or by clicking the Favorite in a blank tab just makes it stay blank. No activity at all. I'll try rebooting.

Tony

Ok, I found out the problem and it was 1.5. Check out this article. It details a number of complaints about Firefox 1.5. Namely:

# Firefox's use of physical and virtual memory is exceptionally high. (I had this, usually about 300MB of RAM for FF)
# CPU usage spikes to 100 percent (usually while loading a Web page). (Had this too)
# The browser freezes up for seconds, minutes, or permanently. (Didn't happen to me)
# The browser won't launch until they remove an errant "firefox.exe" process in Task Manager. (Didn't happen either)
# The browser crashes suddenly (usually while loading a Web page). (Nope)
# The browser has trouble loading specific pages, but there's no commonality among users as to which pages won't load. (BINGO)
# The initial launch of Firefox loads slower. (Yes)
# Third-party application hyperlinks (such as a link in an e-mail message) take a long time to open a new Firefox tab or to launch the browser. (Yes)

So I went back to FF 1.0.7. Just puttin' it out there so someone else may be helped.

Tony

Some of these I get now using FF v1.07

# The browser freezes up for seconds, minutes, or permanently.  (Didn't happen to me)

This happens to me when loading up quicktime movies

# The browser won't launch until they remove an errant "firefox.exe" process in Task Manager.  (Didn't happen either)

Kinda random.. I'll be browsing, pages won't load, I close the browser reopen it up and it won't launch till I do this.