Amazing epic failure in car modification

How could anyone with access to a welder, weld so sh!ttily, then take & post pictures??

Forget to turn on the gas, much?

Yeah, they look my welds (only started learning in the last few months... only have welded about five things) on a bad day. Yeah, I don't have gas. I also don't create photographic evidence of my welding incompetence.

Hilarious.

What type of welder do you have, S ?

I have a few now, left to me from dad. Dad did a ton of welding. His welds are all around and are beautiful.

I have an old Lincoln ARC welder and a no-name MIG with gas... but both are quite old and the MIG is in sorry shape.

I weld with a Harbor Freight $90 MIG I bought. It is crap, but its serving my slag making needs. In time, I imagine I will use the two MIGs to build a better one that uses gas... or I will likely get a better rig... I liked some of the Hobarts for bang for the buck. Of course, I like the low duty cycle and low power, as I will likely use it on sheetmetal mostly.

So far, I have MIG'd out two broken exhaust bolts, fixed a broken rake and fixed a broken folding chair. The chair came out pretty nice, as I reinforced all the legs supports... the rake was so-so... then I broke it again the other day... I didn't get enough heat penetration.

I got some good UV burn, though! ;-)

I've had my Lincoln SP125 (MIG) since '96. Worth every penny IMO and U.S. made by a U.S. company.

It's never even hiccuped. Great machine. Most of the newer welders have 'stepped' voltage, which sucks for fine tuning. Thankfully, mine doesn't.

My Buick has a few miles of welds on it... :wink:

Glad you like your Lincoln welder, my wife has a relative who works for Lincoln.

I try to buy American tools every chance I get.

Chris

Are even the cheaper Lincolns built here?

I like some of the better Lincolns... but I heard the low end Lincolns aren't so hot.