Hundreds gather for Williams' funeral

AH-HA

Capital punishment will always be a highly emotional, charged issue, particularly when some people believe in redemption. The last execution I remember with such an outcry was the execution of Karla Faye Tucker, a born-again Christian, in Texas back in 1998.

If there was anyone who committed crimes worthy of execution, it was him. Still, the guy seemed to turn his life around and tried to make some good of it, and that deserves some respect. I have a really hard time believing a person is so irredeemable that they deserve execution. That being said, having the whole gangsta crowd there really undermined the whole thing. One more dead, and still no lessons learned.

Oh yea, people change everyday. You see it all the time. One day a jerk, the next day all fixed, never to return to their roots. I suppose they just should have cut him loose, being a changed man and all. We've killed and delimbed children in the streets of Irac while we allow gangs to terrorize our own streets.

These people are probably pro-choice too. They would rather kill babies than murderers....

[post="62258"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow dude, I've always had respect for your amazing artistic ability but now I can say I agree with your viewpoint on life too. This is so true. 3rd trimester abortion is no big deal to some of the same people that complain about a person like this being executed. Makes no sense at all. Kind of like a professional car thief chewing someone out for stealing a loaf of bread.

"I'm here to pay my respects to humanity, and that goes to Tookie and everyone else they do in. ... What if it was your son?" Birdsong said. "He's no different from any other human being. We all made mistakes."

I think that murdering several people in cold blood is considered more than your average blooper. Maybe these people would like to send some flowers to Iraq to Saddam Hussein's two slain sons. Those two bastards died young. Think of all the raping and torturing they could be still doing if they were still alive. :wacko:

If there was anyone who committed crimes worthy of execution, it was him.  Still, the guy seemed to turn his life around and tried to make some good of it, and that deserves some respect.  I have a really hard time believing a person is so irredeemable that they deserve execution.  That being said, having the whole gangsta crowd there really undermined the whole thing.  One more dead, and still no lessons learned.

[post="62206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah and one of the big debates is that.....he NEVER admitted killing those four people....therefore, he can't be "redeemed" over what he did....

????

Yeah and one of the big debates is that.....he NEVER admitted killing those four people....therefore, he can't be "redeemed" over what he did....

????

[post="62354"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, I didn't know about that. Still, an irreversible decision like killing someone? It's just not something I'll ever be comfortable with. I agree, some people should never live freely again, but not by killing them.