Name this oddball...

Year(s), Make, Model & what made it significant.

Posted Image

Razor: You're somewhat close but no cigar. Try again buddy. :)

WMJ was close it's an (Australian Market Only) 1967 Datsun Confucius SRR. First car ever to have adjustable lumbar. I'm kidding. A few of you are close but no one got it yet. HINT: this car came out almost a decade after a failed product by the same parent company with the same first & last name. Confused yet? You should be! :P

I meant Eastern European. I get all messed up with my east west when I cross the high seas ;-) Anyhow now that I look at that I do see Datsun. That front surfboardish fender is reminisant of 710 and its got that plastic vent thingy on the C pillor. But then its got that Rover look from the side. No ! that cant be Brit. Maybe its a Renault LeCar from 1967. Hold on ! if I guess enough Ill cover the universe Its a 64 Opel GT Post sedan no wait ! Its a ........... yea thats it !

Oh man I love this trivia thread. Waht a hoot. Here's the crazy irony: A car by this same name WAS imported to Australia but was a rebadge of a previously stated product. AND here's another crazy hint: It shares it's name with a WWII fighter plane BUT it's not the one you're probably thinking of... although the more commonly thoght of and famous once did spawn a car by this same company and the concept fo that car shares it's unique engine type with this car. no joke.

Ding Ding DING! What does he get Johnny? A lifetime subscription to Cheers & Gears! Congrats Razoredge! :P Edited by Sixty8panther

Cool! While the rear is kinda homely, the front is nifty. To me, it has a mini-T-Bird look to it in the front. I wish I could post a pic of the T-Bird I'm thinking of, for contrast. Also, something about the very general theme of the front end reminds me of the '61 Lincoln. It had to be a Ford. Which nationality was this car? Edited by ocnblu

Here's a 1961 T-bird. Yes, the blatant similarity is there. :)

Posted Image

And the Corsair was actaully Englissshh!

Posted Image

Good call Blu, I never thought of that T-Bird, the Aussie Falcon call was pretty good too.

How bout that V4 in the Sonnett, that was actually what triggered it all for me. My friend thats a Saab and Sonnet man told me about them, other wise I would not have known. The Brit sports car guy I worked for way back and got parts for my Alpine from had a cooper headgasket for one of those V4's hanging on the wall. Its one gasket with four offset cylinder holes. My Sonnett friend said it was a comercial engine, as if it may have been used in equipement, like say an air compressor or generator. I cant verify this.......I bet our man James could.

Yea Baby !
Posted Image

Thanks for the lifetime Sly but C&G dont really want me :( or at least dont need me :lol:

Stick around... you're much more fun that some of these party-poopers who can't appreciate the classics.