Cool LED lighting features (youtube vid)

GMTruckGuy74

Piggybacking on ocnblu's sequential turn signal thread, while searching for some videos on that topic I came across the video link I posted above. It's a 1999 Pontiac Trans Am Coupe done up in "Knightrider KITT" style but plussed even further. I think the owner did an awesome job and I really like the end result. At the end of the video he shows the LED underbody lighting feature and call me crazy, but I think that's something that police cars could benefit from having.

Enjoy!!

I do like the front license plate cover and the clever use of fiber optic lighting in the rear Phoenix logo, but I could do without all of the interior mods ... and the PS2, and the underbody lighting, and the cliched KITT LEDs in the Ram Air hood. While I can say it is neat, it's just something I wouldn't do to a great car like a fourth-gen T/A.

Edited by whiteknight

Actually, I love the 4th gen Firebird's design - especially in Formula Firehawk trim. :neenerneener:

What I don't like is when one gets all tarted up like the automotive equivalent of Boy George.

Sorry, I should have clarified. (As I know of your lust with the 4th gen Firebirds and wouldn't have meant to offend... :P )

I really like them. I didn't intend to refer to them as "obverblown tackiness" rather than their design was so striking, trying to add to it is ridiculous and futile.

No offense intended, but that's a rolling nightmare of overblown tackiness.

I agree and disagree. I like some of his ideas, but the execution is too over the top IMO.

I love trick lighting (my apt is basically like a rave at night, but you can't tell in the day) and I'd like to do some trick lighting on the Camaros. I just haven't found a way to do it tastefully yet

Sorry, I should have clarified. (As I know of your lust with the 4th gen Firebirds and wouldn't have meant to offend... :P )

I really like them. I didn't intend to refer to them as "obverblown tackiness" rather than their design was so striking, trying to add to it is ridiculous and futile.

Agreed.

Less is really more when it comes to these cars.