Best Production Exhaust Note.....?

The O.C.

I've gotta tell you.....I've driven a few BMW 6-series lately....and that car, IMHO, has the BEST production V8 exhaust burble/note of any car I think I've heard....in fact, I wish my C6 sounded as good. This is the ONLY V8 BMW that sounds this way.....according to BMW, they spent a good amount of time tuning the exhaust note to get it just right. Of note, our X5 4.4i has a similar V8 "detroit-style" burble...but it's not nearly as vocal as the 6-series. Runner up? M-Benz SL55 AMG..... GM runner up? Pontiac Grand Prix GXP 5.3L What do you guys think from the cars you've heard....?

I'm assuming you're asking for currently in production vehicles, since I could list a whole page of cars from the 60s 70s. :P 05 GTO has a sweet exhaust for production. I haven't heard any of the 5.3L W bodies yet but really want to. I've heard clips of an RS6 that I thought was pretty mean sounding.

Well... kill me, but I still think my Grand Am has the best sounding 4cyl of those I've heard. I guess some people here would call that an oxymoron, but screw'em. I like it... :D

As for 6cyls... Series III Supercharged 3800 in the Grand Prix, by far. I love how it sounds.

And 8cyls... GTO. Simply awesome. Love it's rumble. It's unhatable, which, isn't a word. :P

The GTOs is probably the best I've heard. The Corvette's (haven't heard a Z06 in real life) is more muted and it's like they're trying to make it sound more civilized that it could sound, I guess. I haven't heard many exoctics or high-end imports like the 6-Series or SL, so I can't comment on those.

The Maurader is another I love the sound of.
I knoq it's just a rebadged crown vic with larger wheels less restrictive exhaust and darkened headlights housings, the thing sounds and looks beastly. Posted Image

Heh well its not a V8, but the Buggati Veyron wins this hands down.

The rumble from that thing will make you sterile for a few mins. :omfg:  :metal:  :bowdown:

[post="66190"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

F430, hands down

[post="66265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nu-uh! I called it first. :P :rolleyes:

My favorite of all time (that I've heard in person) would have to be the Ferrari 575...so, so nice. Hennessey modified Vipers also sound amazing. The only V8 Ferrari I've heard is the 360 and it was great, now that I think about it I dont know I've heard a nicer sound come from a V8. Edited by Satty

Did you say Hennigans? :lol: :D KRAMER: That is *damn* good scotch. I could do a commercial for this stuff. Mmmmm, boy that Hennigans goes down smooth. And afterwords you don't even smell. That's right folks. I just had three shots of Hennigans and I don't smell. Imagine, you can walk around drunk all day. That's Hennigans, the no-smell, no-tell scotch. KRAMER: Say you got a big job interview, and you're a little nervous. Well throw back a couple shots of Hennigans and you'll be as loose as a goose and ready to roll in no time. And because it's odorless, why, it will be our little secret. (singing) h-e-double n...

Not for nothing but ask XP715 if he's ever heard a car as sick as my Camaro that is driven on the street. 7000 RPM out of a Smallblock Chevy funneled through two headers and flowmasters is where it's at for me. NO H or X pipe to mess up the stereo. :metal: Ferraris are nice but turbocharged air cooled Porsches are my favorite nonV8 exhaust note. Edited by Sixty8panther