Tough Love

balthazar

From a cop buddy- NJ just ordered 2 (IIRC) SS Camaros for pursuit duty.

NewTrouble.jpg

As if the blacked-out local Chargers weren't enough to watch out for.... now one of the coolest cars of recent memory has the ability to strike a new type of fear into motorists.

Jersey State Troopers are bona fide bad ass (in a good way), and these back that up to the hilt.

Edited by balthazar

The Atlantic City Expressway sticker (like the one on my refrigerator) tells me I'm going to see these EVERY GODDAMN DAY.

Enforcement on the ACE has been WAY up in the last couple months... there was a nasty accident in which it appeared a brand new fullsize Mercedes rolled several times at very high speed, hitting several other cars, and I think that has triggered more speed enforcement, which had been nearly nil before on the east end of the ACE.

>>"Too bad they didn't pay more than a buck fifty to get it decaled and lettered... Jeez... "<<

I agree, tho I think stealth was the idea. I know- so why not unmarked ? Perhaps this is a pre-street trim ? I'll ask my buddy...

-- -- -- -- --

ACE = East Coast Autobahn, so you have to keep yer eyes peeled anyway, right SAm ?

Stay safe.

Edited by balthazar

Going off topic here with the ACE, why are there four lanes going into A/C but only three (then two after the GSP) leaving A/C? I don't mind driving into A/C, but leaving in heavy traffic and the lanes narrow makes for some interesting driving! I'll be down this way next month for the annual teacher's convention (ah, gotta love NJ for this). Since I'm driving, I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for both the Camaro and any other NJ State troopers.

Back on topic... pretty cool that the NJ State Police have decided to buy the Camaro SS as a pursuit car. I don't recall seeing any Ford Mustangs in the past; is the current head of the troopers a Camaro fan??? On a downside, seeing as how the state is in financial trouble, buying two of the most expensive Camaros might not have been the best decision. Still cool though that our state police force has the new Camaro in police duty.

And FOG, pretty much any NJ State Police vehicle (Crown Vic, Excursion, Durango, Charger, etc.) has those same decals and lettering. Our state police vehicles won't be winning any car show awards for their creative & interesting striping package :lol:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

The Atlantic City Expressway sticker (like the one on my refrigerator) tells me I'm going to see these EVERY GODDAMN DAY.

Enforcement on the ACE has been WAY up in the last couple months... there was a nasty accident in which it appeared a brand new fullsize Mercedes rolled several times at very high speed, hitting several other cars, and I think that has triggered more speed enforcement, which had been nearly nil before on the east end of the ACE.

I am a little slow and don't live in a "big city" or urban area, can someone bring me up to speed on ACE? Thanks in advance.

Going off topic here with the ACE, why are there four lanes going into A/C but only three (then two after the GSP) leaving A/C? I don't mind driving into A/C, but leaving in heavy traffic and the lanes narrow makes for some interesting driving! I'll be down this way next month for the annual teacher's convention (ah, gotta love NJ for this). Since

Hey! Hey! Hey! That is MY rant! I can't count how many Sunday afternoons I have crested the GSP interchange to see a massive traffic jam at the big 3->2 squeeze and had to dive across 5 lanes (two ACE and 2 merging from the GSP) to get onto the southbound GSP to exit 37 and had to take 322/40 westbound to the other house. I'm SO glad the season is over.

The 2 lanes are being expanded (at last!), started in September, but not much construction is visible yet. It will be in four stages, starting at the GSP (exit 7) and eventually going to Route 73 (exit 31), where a lot of traffic exits. They promised us this expansion at least 5 years ago. The sjta.com website has details.

For trivia sake, the GSP south of Toms River to Somers Point is also undergoing a lane expansion... FINALLY!

I am a little slow and don't live in a "big city" or urban area, can someone bring me up to speed on ACE? Thanks in advance.

Its the Atlantic City Expressway (on the police car, its the little icon of a red flag inside of a life preserver... its kinda hard to make out. A better picture is here.)

The ACE is the lifeblood of Atlantic City from the Philadelphia area, as the other two major routes are seriously clogged with local traffic (RT322/40 and RT30). We also tend to abbreviate the Garden State Parkway (GSP) and the New Jersey Turnpike (NJT or NJTP), as all three freeways have no public numerical designation which would be shorter to type.

These three freeways DO have numbers... but using them (NJT - route 700, GSP - route 444, ACE - route 446), but nobody knows them, and would have NO idea what you were talking about. ;-)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Camaro cop car goodness...

Edited by SAmadei

Its the Atlantic City Expressway (on the police car, its the little icon of a red flag inside of a life preserver... its kinda hard to make out. A better picture is here.)

The ACE is the lifeblood of Atlantic City from the Philadelphia area, as the other two major routes are seriously clogged with local traffic (RT322/40 and RT30). We also tend to abbreviate the Garden State Parkway (GSP) and the New Jersey Turnpike (NJT or NJTP), as all three freeways have no public numerical designation which would be shorter to type.

These three freeways DO have numbers... but using them (NJT - route 700, GSP - route 444, ACE - route 446), but nobody knows them, and would have NO idea what you were talking about. ;-)

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Camaro cop car goodness...

Thanks for the info, and yes sorry back to that sweet a$$ Camaro some lucky officer gets to drive! :iroc-dragster:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'll be on the Atlantic City Expressway early Thursday morning, and on my way home late Friday afternoon. I will definitely be keeping my eye out for one of these puppies!!

On the flip side, I'm glad to see our deficit-run state spend the taxpayers money on 200 Camaros... <_<