Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cletus8269

Ford has the answer

9 posts in this topic

Crap like this really kinda annoying me more and more.

I get it that a lot of people make bad choices and have to live a crap lifestyle, which is entirely their fault, but a lot of people are poor and can't do anything about it... and making fun of what they suffer to drive is getting to the point where its like making fun of the mentally handicapped.

Sometimes I think this stuff is endorsed by government or the big companies to shame people into buying new cars, clothes, high-end coffee, etc. to keep the economy sputtering along.

The Onion, as always, brilliant. I look at it this way: their point with this piece is not to make fun of poor folks, but the state of the economy.

C'mon guys, lighten up. I laughed my ass off.

"They want a car to drive from their mother-in-law's house to the unemployment office.."

I nearly spit my coffee out laughing! (And, hey, I was unemployed for six months, albeit most of it spent in Brazil, but unemployed nonetheless!)

Ford should be flattered that the Taurus was used in this ad. Although Onion probably expected it to be a dig at Detroit, the fact is a '93 Accord or Camry, with their over-priced parts, are not economical for a trailer park family -the Taurus is. As would the Lumina or Intrepid. Only the ass-clowns that read Consumer's Reports would nurse a 16 year old Camry or Accord this long... Oh, that's right, a '93 Accord would probably fetch $850!

(And, btw, Onion, the '93 Taurus could not be had with a stick shift. These must be the same car guys that write in Consumer's Reports.)

It always becomes more interesting when there's a stick between the seat cushions.

Crap like this really kinda annoying me more and more.

I get it that a lot of people make bad choices and have to live a crap lifestyle, which is entirely their fault, but a lot of people are poor and can't do anything about it... and making fun of what they suffer to drive is getting to the point where its like making fun of the mentally handicapped.

Sometimes I think this stuff is endorsed by government or the big companies to shame people into buying new cars, clothes, high-end coffee, etc. to keep the economy sputtering along.

turn that frown upside down.

:lol:

Also Carbiz, this is C&G where we take things so far up the ass we can taste it! :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0