Ohhh... what a day

Northstar

Last night I went to bed pretty excited, knowing I'd be getting up somewhat early to go get my GTO. So I wake up at 7:30, have breakfast, eat, etc., then wait around for a while for my mom to get ready. My dad took my brother to school (I had finals this week so no school today) and was at work waiting for us to come pick him up. Anyways, the dealership is about an hour away and we get there at about 9:45. We sign all the papers and whatnot, and then we were looking into extended warranties, and we bought one, but the guy messed up and told us it was 6 days from today when it was actually 6 days from the first sale date. He caught his mistake before he had us sign the papers for the warranty, so he said he'd see what he could do to get us what we wanted while we went and looked at the GTO and went over all the radio controls and stuff. Anyways, while we're looking at all the stuff, we notice the check engine light comes on. This is at about 11:00, so we take it to the service department so they can fix it. While they did that, we got a different warranty with the guy that messed up and got some lunch while we waited on the car. It was about 11:40 by the time we got back to lunch, and they said the spark plugs needed to be changed, and that they wouldn't be done until 2:00.

I had a basketball walk through at 1:00, so my mom and I had to leave to go to that while my dad stayed and waited for the GTO. After they had fixed the spark plugs, they discovered that someone had put in the battery incorrectly, so that took some more time and the car never got done until 3:30.

Anyways, my dad finally got home with it at about 4:30, so I got to take it out for a short drive before I had to get ready to go to my baskteball game. We were supposed to get snow snow (just got rain though), so my dad didn't want me to drive it to the game, so I had to take the Alero. Anyways, we were playing our biggest rival and ended up winning by six (I had 15 points :)), so it was a nice way to end the day on a high note. Things didn't go as planned, but I still got the GTO and we beat our rival in basketball. Tomorrow is supposed to be relatively nice, so I should be able to take pics and actually drive the car somewhere.

Sorry BV, but you want approve, it's an auto. My dad wouldn't let me get a manual because then if my mom or sister needed to drive it they wouldn't be able too. When I'm out on my own I'll definetly get a manual.

As of right now I don't really have any plans for it, but I might make a few mods in the future. I was thinking about trying to find some Holden wheels if they weren't too expensive (found an Austrailian site with some, but they didn't have the prices - you had to contact them) but I think it should.

I'll hopefully have pics tomorrow, and I might wash it since it got a bit dirty on the ride home.

Cool. Congrats! What color is it? And it's an '04 right? Too bad it's an auto, but I can understand. Aren't the autos supposed to be faster anyways? I thought I've seen specs showing the auto with the faster 0-60 (of course, what does 0-60 mean anyways :P )

Get some pics up! Those cars are deffinitely a kick in the ass! Have fun and be careful with it.

I am perplexed as hell right now. I saw a gorgeous GTO with hood scoops... dark blue/black, on a TOYOTA DEALER'S USED CAR LOT today, and I thought... what freakin' Toyota would any sane person want over a Pontiac GTO? They must have bought it at Manheim (huge local auto auction named after the town it's in) to put on the lot, just to be smartasses. <_<

To answer some questions: yes, it's an '04, and it's silver.

You are one lucky guy.  Congrats!  How'd you convince your parents about the car and insurance?

I'm not sure how my dad finally decided to buy it, but I had been working on him for a while. I guess since my sister is going to need to drive the Alero (the LSS is not always too reliable anymore) in not too long anyways that he decided to buy such a low-mileage used car in great condition now rather than wait and try to find something later and not necessarily be able to find something in such good condition.

We have five cars and four drivers now, so that means we have "fleet insurance" I guess. Anyways, I'm not listed as the primary driver, so it only cost $700 to insure for a year. We have Metlife insurance if anyone wondered.

Congrats on finally getting it; is it still under that arrangement where you have to give it back next year?

No, the other one I was looking at was a lease take-over, but this one we actually bought outright so we don't have to give it back.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I didn't have a chance to take pics until it was dark out, but I promise to get some tomorrow.