Yukon Denali price Announced

Northstar

2007 GMC Yukon Denali: The Very Best Just Got Better

DETROIT - GMC's most premium full-size SUV offers enhanced features and craftsmanship in 2007 that distinguish it from other models in the segment. It is a comprehensive package of performance, amenities and style that delivers a powerful statement that is unique to GMC.

GMC today announced that the all-new 2007 Yukon Denali will be offered with an MSRP of $47,990 (including $875 destination freight charge), $3,070 less than the model it replaces. As announced previously, pricing for the base Yukon begins at $34,690.

Yukon Denali exterior styling cues include the iconic chrome grille, different front and rear fascias, tasteful use of chrome in the front fascia, body side moldings, door handles and roof rack, and specific Denali head lamps and rear tail lamps.

New interior styling cues unique to Denali include the center console design, use of wood trim and interior color scheme.

In addition to all the standard content on Yukon, additional standard content on the Denali model includes 18" wheels and tires, a segment-exclusive power fold - and -tumble second row seat, heated first and second row seats, head curtain side impact airbags for all rows, all-wheel drive, a 6.2 liter, 380 horsepower V8 engine, six-speed transmission, power liftgate and remote start.

Optional content includes a navigation system with an available rear view camera system, rear seat entertainment system, power sunroof and uniquely designed 20" chrome aluminum wheels.

"The Yukon Denali is the ultimate in Professional Grade and sets a whole new standard for the GMC brand," said John Larson, Pontiac-GMC General Manager. "The Denali price is consistent with our competitive pricing strategy while offering consumers the best in a premium full-size utility."

The 2007 Yukon line includes Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali. Yukon Denali begins production in the second quarter of 2006.

About Denali

GMC Denali vehicles are the ultimate expression of Professional Grade engineering delivering capabilities and amenities to an all-new level.

The Denali brand, first introduced in 1998, continues to attract higher profile customers to GMC. Denali sales reached record levels in 2005, comprising more than one-third of Yukon sales and nearly a third of Envoy sales.

GMC is a division of General Motors Corporation. The division markets the Sierra, Yukon, Envoy, Canyon and Savana. GMC's lineup of Professional Grade trucks deliver outstanding capabilities that exceed customers' expectations with unique features and design elements. GMC sold more than 566,000 vehicles in 2005, and has set divisional sales records 12 times in the last 14 years. More information on GMC and its products can be found at www.gm.com.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can get a Denali for $48k, what's the point of the Tahoe LTZ? Unless you just like the looks better, I see no reason. Plus, you get 380hp and a six-speed auto in the Denali.

If you can get a Denali for $48k, what's the point of the Tahoe LTZ? Unless you just like the looks better, I see no reason. Plus, you get 380hp and a six-speed auto in the Denali.

Yeah, the Tahoe LTZ doesn't really make much sense now. The GMC has a better interior, more power, better transmission, but more feminine looks. I wonder what the Enclave will top out at?

Yeah, the Tahoe LTZ doesn't really make much sense now. The GMC has a better interior, more power, better transmission, but more feminine looks. I wonder what the Enclave will top out at?

That's a really GOOD question.

I'll guess 45k loaded? to undercut the RX, FX, and other fully loaded?

(i'm assuming heavy price overlap between outlook, acadia, enclave, but that's ok as long as each looks reallllly different)

The LTZ almost looks overpriced, and the Denali is a steal!

I think you mean 55K for the fully loaded version.

Lets see...

2K for the sunroof

3K for the rear Ent.

2K for the 20s

and 3K for the Nav/Camera...

So I am guessing closer to 56-57K mark.

Yeah, that would be more expensive that way. I wouldn't be able to keep my pencil away from the options list, so the $52K Fully loaded LTZ is a bit cheaper than the $55-57K Denali.

What's the difference, other than $10,000 between this and Escalade? Other than minor exterior differences and a Bulgari clock, weren't those two the same?

What's the difference, other than $10,000 between this and Escalade? Other than minor exterior differences and a Bulgari clock, weren't those two the same?

What's the difference between a Land Cruiser and an LX470 aside from $10,000 more, less towing capability, less cargo space, and the badge?

:( I am a sad Panda, that is so UGLY! :angry: I love the look of my 94 SLT GMC Suburban, but that is UGLY. The older Yukon and Denali that I did not care much for is SO WAY MUCH BETTER LOOKING!

I truly hope it looks better in person. <_<

So they got rid of the wood around the center stack?

Looks like the GMC gets a split fake wood/fake aluminum...while the Chevy just gets either all fake wood or all fake aluminum. Not much else is different inside.

:(  I am a sad Panda, that is so UGLY!  :angry: I love the look of my 94 SLT GMC Suburban, but that is UGLY.  The older Yukon and Denali that I did not care much for is SO WAY MUCH BETTER LOOKING!

I truly hope it looks better in person. <_<

I think it looks nice overall, but that face suffers from "GM bloated face syndrome" just like the Lucerne...not exactly ugly, but very oddly proportioned and fat looking. The GMC should be sharper and crisper than the Chevy, not the other way B)

MT said that the Yukon and Escalade both use higher-grade materials, so I assume it means the regular Yukon too.

Doesn't "look" like it to me, but they do use a different combination of them...such as the mix of fake aluminum/fake wood vs. all fake wood.

Posted Image

So the 4800 gets worse mileage than the 5300, and almost the same as the 6.2 in the Denali?

Yep. I couldn't even begin to tell you why they insist on using the 4.8L, other than the fact that they're planning on models with it being more stripped than a typical LS, and will start at a lower MSRP.

So, in essence, the only point of keeping the 4.8L around is so they can get a lower starting MSRP and be able to say "Our new Tahoe/Yukon starts under $XXXX..."....forgetting to mention the fact that it, even as a base with a smaller engine, gets worse fuel economy than the other models ^_^

The 4.8 is kinda pointless and you probably won't see too many of them on dealer lots. But like caddycruiser stated...its probably for msrp reasons...

Oh, btw, the 3.0 I6 in X5's gets the same mpg as the 4.4 valvetronic V8 in X5's...just for kinda of a comparison...

The 4.8 is kinda pointless and you probably won't see too many of them on dealer lots. But like caddycruiser stated...its probably for msrp reasons...

Oh, btw, the 3.0 I6 in X5's gets the same mpg as the 4.4 valvetronic V8 in X5's...just for kinda of a comparison...

Yep, that was sort of a quote from Newbiewar (works at a dealer) on the Chevy truck board:

"what is rumored is that the 4.8 LS will be a definite "Stripper" model, and might hold a tag as low as 29k... but fuel ecconomy will suffer as will power. also payloads will suffer on the 4.8"

Edited by caddycruiser

If the Denali price is correct...GM has a good buy...BUT....I just priced out a (edit-Nicely Loaded) 07 LTZ at $50,070....and the 07 Yukon on Ebay, add all other options (Nav,DVD,etc) .....and you are over $50,000.............

So, I am betting a Loaded 07 Denali goes for $53,000 ++++, the base price is bait or lets see when the stickers are on the window...

Edit - I also priced out a 07 Yukon 4WD SLT (Fully optioned) @ $53,120 w/20"......the LTZ is the same price fully optioned...Yukon or Tahoe, same price

As far as materials or quality Tahoe vs Yukon, options are the same price, I would say other than some sheet metal, same thing.

Edited by denalitwin