BrewSwillis

2007 Dodge Caliber Review

11 posts in this topic

BrewSwillis    0

Caliber SE

Posted Image

First Drive: 2007 Dodge Caliber

Review and photos by Paul Williams

We're seeing some really innovative vehicles on the Canadian market these days, and here's another clever take on a popular category. If you're looking for a value-packed compact car, the new 2007 Dodge Caliber should be right up there on your shopping list.

What's so special about it? Plenty.

continue:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/07caliber.htm

Flybrian    0

Its a real shame the non-optioned interior looks so lousy because this is a great package, IMO. The exterior is aggressive without being ridiculous a la Nitro and the equipment level seems great.

bowtie_dude    0

Its a real shame the non-optioned interior looks so lousy because this is a great package, IMO. The exterior is aggressive without being ridiculous a la Nitro and the equipment level seems great.

I gotta admit, though, the cooler in the glove box is nifty. As is the flip out rear speakers.

avant1963    38

The hood looks like it doesn't fit in that picture...

I think it fits in the marketplace, just not a winner in the looks department IMO. That just my opinion.

It has a very good starting price and nice looks but it is a porker in the weight department at nearly 3000 pounds and doesn't have any more interior room than a Vibe/Matrix, and probably won't have as good fuel economy. The big 3 need to study the Aitkens diet.

RJB    0

It I must confess does look better in person. But it has to be a loaded out one. The base models are horrible, I saw a loaded out one yesterday in Auburn Hills, it was also right hand drive in yellow.

MyerShift    7

I prefer it without all of that chrome. Why doesn't Chrysler offer the larger engines with a manual too? Ugh. I'm frustrated.

Hey everyone, what say we form an angry mob and go rap-tap-tapping upon Mike Nicholas's door?

I think the styling is a solid F.

BrewSwillis    0

I prefer it without all of that chrome. Why doesn't Chrysler offer the larger engines with a manual too? Ugh. I'm frustrated.

Hey everyone, what say we form an angry mob and go rap-tap-tapping upon Mike Nicholas's door?

They do. Check the SRT-4 thread! :D

Sadly, that red-color insert in the Sport Appearence Package just doesn't do much for that 1982-89 Chrysler Fifth Avenue-inspired dashboard and rest of Caliber's awful interior. And the round wheel openings just don't work for me for a Dodge, and neither does that grille, or side windows, or air conditioning, or....well, you get the idea-I'm still not sold on this car.