Grove City, PA

Hey guys, I know that at least some of you are from PA, and was hoping you could help me out. I am supposed to be moving to Grove City in about a month, and was hoping someone could tell me what the area is like. All I know is that it's a small town about half way between Pittsburgh and Erie. So what kind of recreation is there, is it a nice area, etc?

It's very rural....

It's about an hour from me. Most of your recreation will involve either going to the Outlets or driving to Pittsburgh or New Castle. There is a university in town that is ultra religious. Slippery Rock University isn't far away.

I use to work in that area a lot. If you can give me more specifics about what you are looking to do, I can help you out more.

And if you're here in time for our trip to Lordstown to see the Cruze production ramp up, you can come with. (hasn't been scheduled yet)

Well, I know I'll probably be going to Pittsburgh quite a bit, because I have some friends at UPitt. I'm hoping that there might be some good outdoor recreation that doesn't require going all the way to Presque Isle (sp?). I was kind of guessing that it might be similar to the little towns in Wyoming, like I where I grew up...I guess I'm not looking for anyting too specific...the only places I've ever lived have been fairly small, except for Kansas City

Grove City Outlets. :P

Otherwise, I've only been there once for a HS football game and it's 99% similar to any other small rural town in the area.

Having grown up in Punxsutawney, that was all I knew about Grove City--the outlets. Went there once. Otherwise, seemed like a nice rural place, within a drive of many others, like Oldsmoboi said first.