Pontiac Tribute Day 6/1

New to the site, just had to share. Drove my '68 Lemans today, what a great 42 year old real $500 little old lady car! Now has His & Her's, '72 400 GP motor, posi, ac, am/fm, no cup holders though! Any one seen the Chrysler Challenger commercial about the "Car People" ? Is this a slap in the face of GM or what?

New to the site, just had to share. Drove my '68 Lemans today, what a great 42 year old real $500 little old lady car! Now has His & Her's, '72 400 GP motor, posi, ac, am/fm, no cup holders though! Any one seen the Chrysler Challenger commercial about the "Car People" ? Is this a slap in the face of GM or what?

Welcome to the site!

The Challenger commercial isn't a slap in the face to any one brand, but more to the industry as a whole that has become focused on mass market cars that look fairly similar and are more of appliance to commute in than an emotional object. Most people buy cars to get from point A to point B, and want gadgets and convenience features and nothing more. They don't care about looks (look how many people buy Toyotas and Hondas), horsepower, the sound an engine makes, which wheels do the driving, how a car handles, and so on. The Challenger, along with the Camaro and Mustang, is one of the few cars made today (especially ones you can actually afford) that's built for people who genuinely like cars.

• Agree 2

Yes I'm pissed about Pontiac's death & the Camaro's ugly B-pillar but I would love to own a Camaro or even a used G8.

That 68 is from the best era of GM cars...IMHO (Ducks as wre3nch comes from Balthazar...) I just love the 68-72 Mis size cars from GM.

That being said...yeah...it's depressing to look at what's being built and sold today...and I like the challenger commercial fro just that reason.

However, we need good modern design as well, we can't always choose to live the past iMHO...:convertible:

I loved my 1964 Olds Super 88, the quality of the interior & matterials used made that car seem like if it was built today it would cost a hlaf million dollars.

• 5 weeks later...