Bitter COLD next few days

Charger4U

Across the great plains its already really dman cold, will be xolder next few days its -10 here in SD, -16 they say tomoroow....hope veryone stays bundled up :P !!

for some of yu plains people whats the low for you all?

It's currently 11 F right now, with a high of 9 F tomorrow...and a low of -15 F tomorrow night.

We had a snowstorm today and got about 7" of snow. Even with that, we still went on our field trip to Des Moines to tour a couple downtown buildings. We were on the roof of the 20-story EMC building during the blizzard and man was it cold and windy!

Here's some video footage of the snow flying from the roof

You Tube

I just got done cleaning up the foot of snow we just got in Northeast Wisconsin. At least I didnt have to go to work today. They called and told me not to go in. It is 16 degrees now but they are saying -15 to -20 tommorrow night. Saturday is the bus trip down to Chicago for the Chicago auto show. Lucky I have 2 snowblowers and small 3 horse one and a 9 horse one for the driveway and big stuff. The small one is surprisingly capable for its small size.

Well, it hasen't been cold in toronto except for the heavy croswinds.... and boy can you realy notice that when you are walking 1.5 km's to the nearest buss stop every morning......

And starting yesterday, we got freezing rain all day that built a blanket of ice over everything. Then later in the evening, It turned into pouring rain. I was taking the greyhound buss from Toronto to Ottawa at midnight and just got here to Ottawa at 5:15 AM. Here, it's colder than toronto and the freezing rain turned into thicker ice with more freezing rain and thers pudles of slush almost a foot deep in some places.

Luckily, they had a drop off near my Office as opposed to the main station downtown so I got off there and decided to walk over to the office till the morning when I pickup my car across the street at the Saab dealership.

Let me tell you, sleeping on the buss for 5 hrs, then walking in freezing cold, on 2" thick ice all over the sidewalks and pools of water and slush in the roads is NOT fun. :duh:

Now that I'm here, I'm just going to rool my chair back and shut off the lights till 9 AM...... :stupid::dizzy:

The video should work now.

Man, it was bad today. Probably half of the students skipped classes. I went to all of mine but it was miserable walking with this arctic tundra wind blasting in your face the entire 20 minute walk. Tonight it's supposed to get down to -18 F...I'm planning on just sticking around the dorm.

It's funny, because only a few days ago, it was 60 and sunny. Damn you, Punxsutawney Phil and your damn shadow.

Posted Image