Cars that are going missing

One thing that seems to have disappeared from the roads are the 80's and 90's era Suburbans. I wonder if they got sold and shipped overseas to 3rd world countries that have cheap gas.

Seeing that you posted this on April 1, I would've thought you were making an April Fool's joke.

HOWEVER ... now that you mention it, I've noticed this, too. Oh, I see a few here'n'there every so often, but ... not as much as I used to just a few short years ago. Hmmmm.....

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I've had enough" __ REO Speedwagon __ 'Time For Me To Fly'

I see plenty of older Burbans around, mostly the '92-99 style and fewer of the '73-91 style...

Hmmm....maybe it's just the area, then?

Cort | 39.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 2 MCs + '79 & '89 Caprice Classics
CHD.cars + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"So many things, they come and go" __ Cher __ 'I Found Someone'

Seattle has tons of 2000 and up models all over, but 90's and older seem to be getting scarce. I wonder if due to the amount of liquid money here if they ship them out of the area or over to 3rd world countries.

I see plenty of older Burbans around, mostly the '92-99 style and fewer of the '73-91 style...

Hmmm....maybe it's just the area, then?

It's very dry in AZ, older vehicles don't rust out here like in wetter climates...

Saw a few old Beetles and VW vans buzzing around in So Cal over the last few days...along w/ several other cars you don't see elsewhere, like '70s Datsun 510s, '70s Datsun Lil Hustler pickups, '70s-80s RWD Toyota Corollas, an Initial-D spec Toyota Trueno (w/ the paint job, wheels and graphics as in the Manga). Whilst cruising around Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, etc for a few hours yesterday I saw lots of uncommon and unusual (McLarens) cars...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Saw a few old Beetles and VW vans buzzing around in So Cal over the last few days...along w/ several other cars you don't see elsewhere, like '70s Datsun 510s, '70s Datsun Lil Hustler pickups, '70s-80s RWD Toyota Corollas, an Initial-D spec Toyota Trueno (w/ the paint job, wheels and graphics as in the Manga). Whilst cruising around Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, etc for a few hours yesterday I saw lots of uncommon and unusual (McLarens) cars...

Yeah, if you go to some of the really upscale areas, you'll see quite a few nice surprises hidden amongst the Mercedes' and Bimmers.

I haven't seen the Initial-D Hachi that you saw, but there's a strong drift/import tuner culture around here, so I don't doubt it (hell, there's probably several just like it). And I'm sure there are still a lot of old Bugs roaming around, and I'll spot one every so often, but I'm just not seeing them with the frequency that I used to, say ten - fifteen years ago. Plenty of new Beetles and even more New Beetles though.

Edited by Turbojett