Daily driver duty for the wagon

At least for a while.

My Tahoe tried to kill itself yesterday by bleeding oil all over the place. It's in the barn and parked until I can find the source of the leak - what a huge mess!

Hope it's an easy fix ................

Me too.

But finding the leak will be difficult no matter how easy the eventual repair is. That whole corner of the truck is soaked in oil.

My number one suspect is the oil cooler lines.

Already thinking this myself. EVERYTIME I've have a massive oil leak, its been transmission fluid cooler lines. But since you mention that you have a oil cooler and apparently have already decided its engine oil instead of tranny fluid, it would be my first suspect. Oil restriction + pressure + chafing = oil bath.

Sounds like its going to be time to steam clean it. On the bright side, the oil coating helps discourage rust! ;-)

Love the idea of the BP bumper sticker...wife's crap box blew a clutch or something...can't really tell...loud clunking...may be a motor mount or a Cv joint.

So our family, with 5 children, is getting around in a Miata until I figure out how to repair the crap box.