New Pontiac Firebird in 2009?

Personally, I don't want to see another Firebird, unless it is well differentiated from it's Chevrolet cousin.....

175293[/snapback]

Posted Image

The black & gold T/A SE is my current favorite. A hardtop version

of the 2nd gen styling is a winning combo IMHO. :)

While Camino is probably right about no immediate plans for a 5th

gen. 'Bird-TA I'll bet my left nut a few kit car Firebirds like the

ones I posted here will turn up once the 5th gen. Camaro hits the

showroom floors in 2009. :D

I've grown to dislike T-tops & the thick B-pillar of the 2/3/4 gen cars.

The first gen was perfect and as time went along the cars "lost their

way". Hardtops retain a lot more structural ridgidity than T-tops if

all other things are equal. I'd love to see the Black one produced as

a kit car of sorts. Call it a "Phoenix" or "Bandit" kit car and sell us all

the crap we need for the ocnversion. 8)

• 1 year later...

Since Lutz already answered my E-mail saying all of my questions are false, that included the question of Firebird, I am pretty sure that GM isn't planning on the Firebird anytime soon. Same old ridiculous attention to the Chevy only who gets all the new models including the Camaro while Pontiac and the others are cursed. :(

Since Lutz already answered my E-mail saying all of my questions are false, that included the question of Firebird, I am pretty sure that GM isn't planning on the Firebird anytime soon. Same old ridiculous attention to the Chevy only who gets all the new models including the Camaro while Pontiac and the others are cursed. :(

To quote what John Schinella of GM design and Trans AM fame. "Chevy sells more cars than Pontiac so Chevy get more say than Pontiac".

The truth is Chevy is a profit center and make most of the money for GM NA. They have to take care of them since they pay most of the bills. GM even as large as they are have to budget themselves and can't afford to do everything. It is not that they hate Pontiac but it is busniess. You run a company mostly with ypur head and not mostly your heart.

Lutz has a plan in place and it will just take more time. Pontiac will play to it's strength and not try to just be a fancy Chevy.

Pontiac's Future is going to performanc but many have to lose some of the old past as many in to days market do not care about the Bird and other old names and cars. While I hate the number names I do agree they need new names. Pontiac's market is made up of mostly import buyers today and they are not interested in a Trans Am or other old name. Even the Pontiac Oakland Club is not as strong as it once was.

The key is to get some great product out and it will sell no matter what yopu call it. We have had too many years of Aztec, sunfire like cars and this image type needs to be over come. Too few buyer know, remember or care about the 60's and 70's since they were not alive 40 years ago.

I agree, but I still think Chevy is getting TOO MUCH attention. They should slow down adding new models for their already ridiculously too large fleet of UGLY, STUPID looking cars and trucks. They should also give some attention to other division as well, if they don't plan on making the same mistake they did to Oldsmoble, killing it. To me, Pontiac deserves Firebird more than Chevy does with their stupid, retro Camaro. It's the Pontiac division that seriously needs more new models, followed by Buick, who only has 3 models. You definately need more than 3. If GM can spend even half of the money or attention they give to their baby Chevy to other divisions they own, all divisions will prosper and getting the fair share of the sales, increasing their revenue.

I know, you may chew me down and mark me as not knowing anything, and I am aware that Chevy is a money maker, but GM designed their marketting like that. Putting out all kinds of garbage looking cars and trucks at a dirt cheap price, and without killing any of them(COUGH, Impala, COUGH, while killing the much better looking version Grand Prix), and keep adding and adding to the already over-flowing model line ups that Chevy has, and ONLY advertising for Chevy, while keeping the other division's mouth shut by not giving any incentives they can advertise for. I find it irritating and UN-Fair. The falling of other division should all be blamed for their so-called 'main' brand that gets all the un-deserved love. Giving Pontiac and other divisions, just a re-badge of either their baby Chevy, or importing a car from third countris and stick the re-badge on it, while giving all kinds of ORIGINAL products to their favorite brand only.

God I hate Chevy.

You can chew me down or whatever, but that's how I see it. If GM wants to make more money, same attention and love should go to ALL of their brand, not just one that they favors, just because it sells more since they have more models to choose from and they are mainly the cheaper versions albeit being uglier. Pontiac, Saturn, and all the other brands deserves new models that are ORIGINAL, not the re-badge, nor an Import. more cars like Solstice, Grand Prix, Century, Regal, SC, SL, Alante, Firebird, Sunfire, Seville, Skylark, Fiero and etc should be added, and the ones like Aveo, Camaro, Impala, Volt(Should never be made), HHR should all be killed off or dropped to be fair in quantity of models with the other divisions. All Chevy should have are Corvette(should be their only sports car), Malibu(for the mass), Cobalt(as the entry level), and their trucks(which they have tons), that's more than enough for them to compete, while other divisions should get their much deserved new models added WITHOUT killing any of the current ones(I would really love to keep seeing Grand Prix being made even after 08 no matter the G8 since G8 can sell in place of Bonneville only, since Grand Prix should be one level down as it did before Bonnevilled died and sell besides G8). However, any imports like Vibe should be killed off, and G5, which should be replaced with either the Sunfire name return on a brand new car that is a completely differnt than Cobalt, or a New car with the new name that is designed from the ground up that does not look like any of the Chevy trash.

Sorry Chevy fans. I had to take it out somehow. I got so upset about what GM is doing for Chevy and screwing up other divisions.

Edited by Diehard GrandPrix Fan

I am a Pontiac fan too, look at my sig for gosh sakes and my previous rides. Honestly I would love to see Pontiac get a Firebird/Trans Am and remake of Smokey and the Bandit. Its not gonna happen, at least Chevrolet is getting the Camaro. Last time I checked Chevy doesn't have a RWD world class G8 or a Solstice. We will get our GTO back in good time.