2007 Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali Round Out GMC's

Variance

2007 Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali Round Out GMC's Full-Size SUV Lineup

DETROIT – The Yukon XL, along with the flagship Yukon XL Denali, complement the recently introduced 2007 Yukon and Yukon Denali models to round out GMC’s new full-size SUV lineup – offering the broadest and most capable lineup of SUVs in GMC’s more than 100 years of building trucks.

The all-new 2007 Yukon XL will be offered with a starting at $37,790 MSRP, $2,440 less than the model it replaces. The Yukon XL Denali will start at $50,490 MSRP, $2,220 less than the 2006 XL Denali model. Both MSRPs include a $875 destination freight charge. T he 2007 Yukon XL and Yukon XL Denali will go on sale this spring.

Both vehicles feature best-in-segment fuel economy, distinctive all-new styling, spacious and refined interiors, exceptional driving characteristics and enhanced safety features including standard Stabilitrak with rollover mitigation technology, roof rail air bags for each row of seats, Rear Parking Assist and a rear view camera system available with the navigation radio option.

“Yukon XL models share the same wins we have established with the Yukon and Yukon Denali such as best in class ride and handling while providing continued segment-leading fuel economy, the most horsepower, state-of-the-art safety technologies and a world-class interior,” said John Larson, Pontiac-GMC General Manager.

The extended length models provide more cargo and passenger carrying capability, with increased cargo capacity (137.4 cubic feet behind the first row), standard third row seating and the ability to provide seating for up to nine people.

A 5.3L V-8 with 320 horsepower and 340 lb.-ft of torque and Active Fuel Management is standard on Yukon XL at start of production. Later in the model year, a new 6.0L all-aluminum V-8 with 355 horsepower and 365 lb-ft of torque, variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management becomes available.

Yukon XL Denali is a distinct model and the flagship of GMC’s family of professional grade vehicles. It has exclusive exterior design and interior features, and a 6.2L all-aluminum small-block V-8 engine with variable valve timing and a new six-speed automatic transmission. The 6.2L engine is rated at 380 horsepower, and 417 lb.-ft. of torque.

“Yukon XL Denali is the ultimate expression of professional grade -- providing all the refinements and amenities customers expect of a Denali with more room, while providing standard three passenger third row seating,” said Larson.

GMC is a division of General Motors Corporation. The division markets the Sierra, Yukon , Envoy, Canyon and Savana. GMC's lineup of Professional Grade trucks deliver outstanding capabilities that exceed customers' expectations with unique features and design elements. GMC sold more than 566,000 vehicles in 2005, and has set divisional sales records 11 times in the last 13 years. More information on GMC and its products can be found at www.gmc.com.

Link: http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet...n=3&docid=23548

The prices could stand to be a little less, but they are class-leading vehicles so they might as well demand a higher price. Considering you can get a 2006 Yukon XL (non-Denali) over $50k, I don't think $50k is too bad for the '07 Denali XL.

Yeah, that's a pretty accurate take on it. Sticker shock is still going to happen quite a bit until the rebates start over again (I just have a feeling it'll be like the GMT-800's....MSRP's start out okay, then every year just keep going up and up, until you NEED a minimum of a $5k rebate to get people looking).

Right now, they are class leading in most aspects, and will probably stay that way for a while. But, as I've said before, dropping a few grand off of even these MSRP's would only help matters that much more...especially when most competitor's still start out lower with similar equipment.

Almost related, I saw the 2007 GMC Yukon SLT-2 last night at the Auto Show. It was as pitiful looking (though kind of macho-looking) in person as it is in pictures. The whole upstairs was kind of dead for the Thursday night, but there was virtually no buzz around it-the dashboard really didn't look that great and neither did the interior-and it was priced at a ghastly $50,615, devoid of chrome trim and in that awful, not even remotely silver Silver Birch Metallic (if I could get rid of any color at GM, that would be it, or at least name it what it really is more like-Cool Grey 20 or something). These trucks are too overpriced and they look the same as Chevrolet's, which is what I thought they were trying to escape (I know, I know, GM's got a budget crisis, but that didn't stop Envoy or Envoy XL considering the other GMC's were pitiless rebadges, now did it?)

Almost related, I saw the 2007 GMC Yukon SLT-2 last night at the Auto Show. It was as pitiful looking (though kind of macho-looking) in person as it is in pictures. The whole upstairs was kind of dead for the Thursday night, but there was virtually no buzz around it-the dashboard really didn't look that great and neither did the interior-and it was priced at a ghastly $50,615, devoid of chrome trim and in that awful, not even remotely silver Silver Birch Metallic (if I could get rid of any color at GM, that would be it, or at least name it what it really is more like-Cool Grey 20 or something).  These trucks are too overpriced and they look the same as Chevrolet's, which is what I thought they were trying to escape (I know, I know, GM's got a budget crisis, but that didn't stop Envoy or Envoy XL considering the other GMC's were pitiless rebadges, now did it?)

They aren't that bad. I like em, and seeing a few driving around LA solidified my "like" for them.

BTW--My vote goes for "Grey Goose Metallic"