Mid-Sized and Full-Sized Strategy

This has been discussed in various places, but I'm wondering if anyone has any solid info about the 1009-10 timeframe? Seems like the W and G bodies could be easily replaced by "Zeta" as such:

Impala (LWB)

Monte Carlo (LWB 2 door)

Camaro (SWB)

G8 (LWB)

GTO (SWB)

Lucerne (LWB)

Velite/Riviera (LWB 2 door)

DTS gets moved over to Sigma while LaCrosse gets moved to Epsilon II.

Input?

This has been discussed in various places, but I'm wondering if anyone has any solid info about the 1009-10 timeframe?  Seems like the W and G bodies could be easily replaced by "Zeta" as such:

Impala (LWB)

Monte Carlo (LWB 2 door)

Camaro (SWB)

G8 (LWB)

GTO (SWB)

Lucerne (LWB)

Velite/Riviera (LWB 2 door)

DTS gets moved over to Sigma while LaCrosse gets moved to Epsilon II.

Input?

Sigma is too small for the DTS. From what I recall, the STS is about as far as Sigma can be stretched.

Good thread topic.

Your lineup looks pretty realistic, except I'm not sure about the Velite yet.

If we go by the Camaro concept's wheelbase, SWB would be somewhere between 110-111 inches, meaning LWB would probably be about 120 inches. I'm not sure how a MC would look on such a long wheelbase, but it's wheelbase should definetly be longer than the Camaro's, so maybe put it on a "MWB" (mid), somewhere between the other two. The current Monte's wheelbase is 110.5 inches. I also might like to put the G8 on the "MWB" and make it shorter overall than the Impala, making it easier to drive and making it sportier.

The LaCrosse is going to EP II like you said, and I wouldn't be surprised if the DTS just ended up dying.

we go by the Camaro concept's wheelbase, SWB would be somewhere between 110-111 inches, meaning LWB would probably be about 120 inches. I'm not sure how a MC would look on such a long wheelbase, but it's wheelbase should definetly be longer than the Camaro's, so maybe put it on a "MWB" (mid), somewhere between the other two. The current Monte's wheelbase is 110.5 inches.

The Monte Carlo boats of the mid '70s rode on a 116 in wheelbase. Those were good looking cars for the time. Of course, the overhangs on the Zetas would be much shorter consistent with modern design. I would think the production Camaro wb would be closer to the Mustang's 107? A MC or new Riviera could then take on a 112 or 113 in wb with short overhangs.

On a separate note, I wonder if Zeta means the end of column shifts and bench seats?

Chevy Camaro and Pontiac Firebird, the latter of course is just a dream should be much shorter than 110" in wheelbase. Okay, 107" is not shorter by a whole lot, but still-110 is just a waste for the platform and for the already miniscule passenger and cargo room, not that wheelbases affect it, but the packaging that does. Prime engines should be the 3.6-liter DOHC High Feature V-6 with 250hp (270hp with RAM AIR/High Output version); 4800 4.8-liter OHV 280hp V-8 (Chevy's); 4.4-liter DOHC UV8 300hp V-8 (Pontiac/Buick); 5300 5.3-liter OHV LS4 340hp V-8; and 6000 6.0-liter OHV LS-2 400hp V-8's, all with 5-6-speed OD electronic automatic transmissions and 6-speed OD manual and/or TAPShift II, model depending. As for other Zeta models/body styles...here's some of what I think would be ideal:

Chevrolet Monte Carlo-Mid-size 2-door hardtop coupe in LS, LT, and SS trims with 4800 V-8, 5300 V-8, and 6000 V-8's respectively, featuring crisp, 1970-72/73-77/78-80 exterior styling and design, and bring back the knight badges! Similar to Pontiac Grand Prix/GTO and Buick Velite.

Chevrolet Impala-Large 4-door, 6-passenger (5-LTZ/SS) notchback sedan and 5-door 2-3-seat/5-9-passenger station wagon body styles, in CS, LS, LT, LTZ, and SS (sedan) trim levels, with 4800 V-8 (CS/LS), 5300 V-8 (LT/LTZ-optional CS/LS), and an SS-exclusive 6000 V-8. 2003 SS concept meets 1969-70 styling. Similar to Pontiac Bonneville and Buick Lucerne 2012.