LTZ 07 Tahoe Discussion

garf12

Had a new 07 LTZ for around a month now. Love it. According to my onstar email update I have 5394 miles (how freaking cool). Just wondering what everyone was seeing for the average gas milage.

Im in a 4wd LTZ and mine is going from pretty much 13.9-14.2 usually hoovering right at 14.1.

Also how about the V4/V8 mode crusing I hardley ever see it kick into v4 mode unless I have the cruise on and I am going down a little hill.

Just wondering what every one else is getting no matter LS LT LTZ 2x4 or 4x4.

One small rant the NAV system SUCKS, its cool and all and will get you places in most towns but compared to my aviation unit it doesnt even compare. The aviation unit is much more accurate. Hope they put out some update DVD often. I just look like to much of a dork with 2 nav units on my dash.

One more thing to add in, anyone know if they do or will have something to keep it from killing all the nav & DVD functions when the car is out of park. A friend said he saw a H2 with something rigged so he could. I dont really care to watch a DVD driving down the road but it would be nice to able to actually scroll XM catagories or MP3 CD catagories.

Heres a few pics of my baby.

Posted Image

and heres about 2 weeks after getting it, lady stopped on interstate onramp even though it was clear, I was looking back, hit her probably going 5 miles an hour. Got notifed by insurance shes claiming personal injury. :stupid:

Posted Image

Edited by garf12

sorry to hear about the accident...

but, yea i hope someone riggs up the DVD system... i've got a lot of those coments already...

did you get the back up camera?

i dont know about that 4x4 system, are you leaving it in 4x4? or 2x4?

when i was cruising on the freeway the V4 and V8 mode would switch back pretty often it was kinda cool... are you paying attention to it?

good to hear you enjoy it... did you get the ebony interior?

Nope couldnt find a LTZ with a backup camera at all, so thats the only thing I am missing. Wonder if it would be possible to add that in.

I'm Leaving it 2X4 but my leg seems to hit the knob alot cause I tend to sit close so it seems to get turned into auto or 4X4 alot.

I monitor a bit but it seems to pretty much stay in v8 unless going down hill.

I got the Ebony/light Cashmere interior, what exactly does ebony mean cause i seee they have three colors two starting with ebony?

Edited by garf12

Can you guys explain more about the NAV/DVD system complaints? I sure hope you don't mean you cannot operate the NAV while in "Drive". That would be ludicrus! ..and how about the XM comment...you can't get XM information while in Drive either? Sounds crazy?

I have an 07 Denali on order with all the goodies. Can't wait!

Yes you can operate the NAV in drive ther eare just a few things dont work with at speed. Like scrolling through lists of POI or typing in POI's or Address.

About the xm comment you can touch the current category and it will pop up a list of all categories then the station under each cat. but it will not let you scroll through them while driving, kinda dumb it seems, you can still change the channel and all that just fine.

Ther are a few other things that turn off at vehicle speed like the address book is unviewable you can just hit go, you cant go to the entry and call them just like that.

Other then that great love having it all right there at the touch of a screen.

Oh one thing, they need to integrate the onstar calling into the screen so there is a dialpad on the screen

Have fun with the new car.

Nope couldnt find a LTZ with a backup camera at all, so thats the only thing I am missing.  Wonder if it would be possible to add that in.

I'm Leaving it 2X4 but my leg seems to hit the knob alot cause I tend to sit close so it seems to get turned into auto or 4X4 alot.

I got the Ebony/light Cashmere interior, what exactly does ebony mean cause i seee they have three colors two starting with ebony?

Ebony refers to the black/really dark charcoal sections of the interior...

Am I the only person on the planet who thinks that DVD navigation systems are going too far? Are we raising a generation of idiots? This means that as they get cheaper, paper maps will become a thing of the past and NOBODY will know how to use them.

I don't know. From the clowns that I see weaving on the expressway while talking on the phone; now we have to worry about them looking at a screen that is way below eye level to see where the hell they are!

I can already see the lawsuits. And you know there are chips out there to over ride the safety protocals and allow movies to be played in them while driivng.

Am I the only person on the planet who thinks that DVD navigation systems are going too far?  Are we raising a generation of idiots?  This means that as they get cheaper, paper maps will become a thing of the past and NOBODY will know how to use them.

I don't know. From the clowns that I see weaving on the expressway while talking on the phone; now we have to worry about them looking at a screen that is way below eye level to see where the hell they are!

I can already see the lawsuits.  And you know there are chips out there to over ride the safety protocals and allow movies to be played in them while driivng.

Nav systems usually use voice directions so you don't have to look down at them to know where to go to.

Am I the only person on the planet who thinks that DVD navigation systems are going too far?  Are we raising a generation of idiots?  This means that as they get cheaper, paper maps will become a thing of the past and NOBODY will know how to use them.

I can already see the lawsuits.  And you know there are chips out there to over ride the safety protocals and allow movies to be played in them while driivng.

Go to any 8-12 year old nowadays and ask him or her how often they have opened an Encyclopedia. A physical encyclopedia. Its inevitable that this society becomes dependent on technology. People are used to having someone do the thinking for them now...a nav system is just that.

Nope couldnt find a LTZ with a backup camera at all, so thats the only thing I am missing.  Wonder if it would be possible to add that in.

ebony is another word for black... are the seats cashmeir or is the dash cashmere?

sounds like you got a good combo...

ebony is another word for black... are the seats cashmeir or is the dash cashmere?

sounds like you got a good combo...

I'm not real sure I just told them to find me a gold mist LTZ and fast, and that hey did. Ill post some interior pics up tomorrow.

Edited by garf12

Hahha you just had me a little confused I thought you were talking about the trim and all that.  The seats arent black so I guess Ill go wtih cashimere.

then the dash is black?

nice combination but i think i like it the other way around with the black seats and the tan trim...

then the dash is black? 

nice combination but i think i like it the other way around with the black seats and the tan trim...

I think that would look really strange...the lighter color is always on things like the seats and rest of the "lower half" of the interior, with the top trimmed out in the darker shade (which does happen to be black a lot).

So far, I've seen them all in person, and I'd have to say the Cashmere/Ebony would be my top choice, followed by the gray, then the all black.

i was lookin at new tahoes the other day and the cashmere/ebony is really but i think if were ordering a new one i would order a black one with the all ebony interior....black on black....that would be HOT

Yes, it really is...but after one black truck ('02 Avalanche with a tan interior), that was enough for me, at least until I had a garage to keep it in.

Actually, the Chrysler 300M we had before that truck WAS black on black, and while it was beautiful, I couldn't stand the dust & fingerprints that showed up constantly in the interior, despite my efforts.

But if you have the time and care enough to keep both inside and outside finishes FLAWLESS, black is the only way to go! :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...