wow it's about cars!

lauren

Hey I saw this odd FORD truck thing in the local cemetery and wondered if anyone knew what it was. My boyfriend said it was one of the first SUVS that was made...but he's no expert.

Posted Image

And as a side note, I am very happy to get a replacement H for my hood! :)

A nice guy with a del Sol had an extra one because he shaved all of his off.

People with del Sols are automatically friends with other people that have del Sols. It's like some kind of secret club. Other del Sol drivers honk at me when they see my car and are always more than willing to help with anything or talk about cars. It's really neat, and that doesn't happen with a lot of things, so I feel lucky :)

Posted Image

I reeeeeeally need to spray that plate black. It's an eyesore being white like that....Or I could just get a new plate...

I also added these!

Posted Image

Posted Image

You might think that's rice-y, but it's not because thats whats ACTUALLY under the hood :) (although I wish I'd bought decals that say DOHC VTEC instead.)

It looks like a mid-60s Bronco...Ford started producing them in August, 1965 as 1966 models. A classmate from high school had a '66 that he restored to pristine condition...I think he sold it when he went off to college, though. It wasn't really the first SUV (I'd give that title more to Jeep), but it was one of the early ones.

Your paint shines up very nicely. Is this after the wax job that you injured yourself on?

Your paint shines up very nicely. Is this after the wax job that you injured yourself on?

I like the look of the H emblems off of the car, but I really have no way to shave them off. I dont have the tools and I really dont want to pay the money to get a decent paint job afterwards. So...replacement H for me :)

Thank you!!! It IS shiny! Hehe, yeah I did injure myself pretty badly. I was a little too enthusiastic about waxing it and I'm still hurting from it.

Yesterday I made it worse by going over all of the rubber seals and the targa top with some silicone grease. But it looks reallllly good now. :lol:

From what I hear, shaving emblems is really easy. All you need is either a hair dryer or, preferrably a heat gun. Whatever you have, point it at the emblem to heat up the glue to the point where the emblem comes right off with a little tug. The glue that sticks to the car can be gotten off with some Goo Gone, as long as it's paint safe.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who lubes the rubber seals. It's a heck of a lot easier than replacing all of that when it gets dry-rotted.

Take care of yourself with that injury. Use a heating pad or something at night, and don't, and I mean don't, stop using the joint no matter how much it hurts. Exercise it as much as you can tolerate without crying. Otherwise calcium deposits build up in there and you lose some mobility. I'm going through the same thing with my left shoulder/elbow. The other day I got a little too overzealous on the bench press and tweaked something in my shoulder. Then Saturday came, and between cleaning the Cobalt all day and helping pile up nine trees worth of firewood, I must have aggravated something around my elbow. I think it's just muscle that's torn more than it normally should be. It only hurts when I have to put stress on it.

SuperNitendo Chalmers:

Someone stole the H off my car! Now how will anyone know it's a Honda. :lol:

VTEC is only the 2nd most obnoxious, over-rated and rediculous words used by ricers. No. 1 goes to JDM of course. :rolleyes:

that ford is most definitely a bronco...late 60s or early 70s... as far as it bein the first suv... wouldnt that go to either jeepor willy's? and by the way... im happy you decided to put yur logos back on...i hate the look of a car with no logos...its almost like you have no pride in what you drive

From what I hear, shaving emblems is really easy. All you need is either a hair dryer or, preferrably a heat gun. Whatever you have, point it at the emblem to heat up the glue to the point where the emblem comes right off with a little tug. The glue that sticks to the car can be gotten off with some Goo Gone, as long as it's paint safe.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who lubes the rubber seals. It's a heck of a lot easier than replacing all of that when it gets dry-rotted.

Take care of yourself with that injury. Use a heating pad or something at night, and don't, and I mean don't, stop using the joint no matter how much it hurts. Exercise it as much as you can tolerate without crying. Otherwise calcium deposits build up in there and you lose some mobility. I'm going through the same thing with my left shoulder/elbow. The other day I got a little too overzealous on the bench press and tweaked something in my shoulder. Then Saturday came, and between cleaning the Cobalt all day and helping pile up nine trees worth of firewood, I must have aggravated something around my elbow. I think it's just muscle that's torn more than it normally should be. It only hurts when I have to put stress on it.

Hahaha...Sorry to hear that. I actually work for a chiropractor, and my direct boss is a massage therapist...so I kinda know what I'm doing, and if I don't, I have two know-it-alls to tell me. I dont get free massage therapy, but I do get free chiropractic care and that helps a lot.

The problem with the Honda emblems is that they are held on with two pins, so when you remove it, it leaves two holes. Im sure I coulda put in some colored epoxy or something like that, but I'd rather just glue a new emblem on.

The hairdryer trick is a good one. That's how I got the original emblem off.

NOS is stalking me...

And VTECS are cool and you are just jealous :P

Whats funny about those decals though, is that anyone who cares that it's a VTEC probably already knows, and those who don't know what VTEC means certainly do not care.

But *I* care and it's the only thing I've done to my car so far as far as "mods" (haha) and I think it's tasteful and cute :)

So there.

VTEC is only the 2nd most obnoxious, over-rated and rediculous words used by ricers. No. 1 goes to JDM of course. :rolleyes:

Number One is definitely R

NOS is stalking me...

You know you like having an 18 yr old stalker. haha

Or maybe I'm "trying to prove I'm not gay?" :lol:

Edited by NOS2006