Allow myself to introduce....myself....

Just wanted to give a quick intro... my name's Chris, i'm 18 years old and live in Chelmsford, Massachusetts. My friend Silvester (Sixty8Panther?) told me about this site, and even though I no longer wear a bowtie (well....arrow head?), I'm still a fan of the GM muscle cars and ALL American cars...

I drive a 96 Cobra, but I'm trying to sell it. (I'll have to fill ya in on that one, Silvester...) Once I get rid of the Cobra, I'm gonna see about getting a fox body Mustang (87-93). I prefer older cars for many reasons. I personally find them to be more comfortable, even if they arent as luxurious as newer cars, they're easier to work on (sooo much easier), and IMO less stuff to really go wrong. I also prefer the way you feel more connected to older cars, as opposed to newer cars (My cobra, for example) where I dont feel like I'm part of the car..... I had an 89 Firebird, and I could feel every single thing about the car and around the car, it was a great feeling. Unfortunatly, electrical problems with that car drove me insane and I parted it out. Meh. I'm going to school this summer to the University of Northwestern Ohio in Lima, OH, for High Performance Motorsports Technology. Thats my intro, seems like a nice bunch of people here :) oh, and I enjoy cigars too... :AH-HA_wink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and heres a little animation of my first car, a 97 Cadillac Catera..... took it to the track twice actually, i've got the timeslips around here somewhere....best run was like a 16.3? something stupid like that :-P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey rich boy; nice to see you finally joined the forums. Don't be a pussy; grow up, be somebody and keep the Rustang! Look at all the dough you dumped into the Bird; I can't believe you're giving up on the Cobra so easily.

Come on, penguin. You know what you really want is the challenge of souping up a boat anchor V6 with an automatic into a beast. And I'll even be nice and trade it to you straight up, with no extra charge.

Oh, and welcome to Cheers and Gears! :cheers:

Not magnaflows....Hooker Aerochamber...Magnaflow tips :-P

Sounded badass with my Hedman long tubes and...."off road" y pipe ;-)

I'll see if I can get a sound clip up on the web some time for ya....

UNOH is an awesome school from everything I've seen and heard from people that have gone there. Are you considering going there?

A v6 huh....well....I'll take a GN or T-Type, or Typhoon or Cyclone.....

Just give me the money for it ;-)

Hey Buddy!

Welcome to the site, you'll love it here... :)

Dude, I know I rip on you about the Cobra wearing a blue oval and all but seriously.... that $h!'s pretty sweet. I say keep tyhe car. That ride down to Framingham in it this Feb. was a ton of fun. That car is American muscle, it may be DOHC and a little too modern but it's still a nice Fox body.

Anything RWD, V8, 5-speed and quick as a jack rabbit is a great ride. Te first car I ever drove past 130mph was a 1996 Cobra just like yours. :D

Not magnaflows....Hooker Aerochamber...Magnaflow tips :-P

Sounded badass with my Hedman long tubes and...."off road" y pipe ;-)

I'll see if I can get a sound clip up on the web some time for ya....

UNOH is an awesome school from everything I've seen and heard from people that have gone there. Are you considering going there?

A v6 huh....well....I'll take a GN or T-Type, or Typhoon or Cyclone.....

Just give me the money for it ;-)

Nope, I'm set on to get an engineering degree from a different school. I know about 5 guys going there though. They're all pretty cool.

You're in good company. I'm 21 and also a fan of 87-93 fox-bodies. They're on my list of cars I wouldn't mind getting after I get rid of the Lumina in another year or so. I don't really know why I like fox-bodies so much, but I've always had a thing for them. I'm also a GM man too...I get the Ford from my grandpa and the GM from my dad, who owns a '68 Corvette and a '78 Corvette. My grandpa used to have a hot rodded '32 Ford deuce coupe back in the day but now drives a 2005 Grand Marquis.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Hola... Welcome to C&G. You'll like it here regardless of what you drive or like. We're a pretty open minded group of people... except for some trolling Toyota fans.

I am BV. Don't mind me... I'm just the resident Pontiac/Import fan who's 17, on depression meds, with a POS 95 Grand Am and a 03 300EX atv who lives in Brookville, Pa... Oh, and is gay, just so you know. :D I'm harmless unless sarcasm scares you. Or gay talk. :P Anyways, I'm looking for a Nissan 240sx or BMW 325i to replace my crappy GA, but those two are just the top pics. I'm also considering a Mustang...