Musicians?

anyone in here play an instrument? which one? what kind of music do you play? how long have you been playing an are you in a band?

i play electric guitar... been playin for close to a year... i play alot of hard rock... ACDC, Skid Row, GNR etc...

Guest YellowJacket894

Anyone in here play an instrument?

:unsure: [Raises hand.]

Which one?

Guitar. I own a Fender Stratocaster and a Fender Gemini II.

What kind of music do you play?

Rock and Blues. From Stevie Ray Vaughan to Tool.

How long have you been playing?

About 5 to 6 years now. I'm currently taking a short break so when I return, things will be kept fresh.

And are you in a band?

No. I wouldn't mind being in one, though.

Guest YellowJacket894

That feeling...you can only say it in French...what was it again? Oh yes! Deja Vu!

(Just joking. But, really, holy double post Batman!)

Guest YellowJacket894

mustang84: Mahogany? Nope. That be rosewood, brotha'. Rosewood. :D

Edited by YellowJacket894

...a Fender Gemini II.

I've never heard of that guitar before... got any pictures?

I think I've mentioned this previously, but I play the electric guitar, too. Mine is an Ibanez Jet King 1. Right now, my Amp is getting fixed (I left the cable plugged in and my dad tripped over it, ripping out the input jack), so I haven't played much in the last month... Not that I was any good before then.

Well I've been playing guitar (no schooling, but wish I had in the past) for about 8 years now. I've been at drums for about 2 years (again no schooling but wish I had and may at some point)

I think I may have posted this here a while back.. here's my equipment

Posted Image

Guitars:

Accoustic: Alverez 6 string - Orignally my dad's who bought it in 1978 and since I picked up guitar i've been playing that. My dad hasent played in a long time so technically I was using it all the time but he offcially gave it to me as a High School Graduation gift. I look at it as a family family heirloom

Black Electric: Kramer Focus 2000 - I've probly put in a good $500 of work/repair into it. The action is so tight, I can't slide a medium sized pic between the strings & neck.

Blue Electric: Jay Turser - Got this off ebay and well.. I kinda regret buying it. I've always loved Les Pauls but this thing is NOT a Les Paul of any form at all. The action is really high off the neck, the pickups sound really muffled, and it has a really hard time staying in tune. My buddy got an Epiphone Les Paul recently and that thing was CHEEPER for what I spend on this thing (over $300) but his Les Paul blows this out of the water in how it plays and even material qualities. I know I'm looking to sell this thing be even with a hardshell case, I'd problably get $150 at most.. My loss there..

Drum Set: Pearl Forum

Pedals on the floor:

Fostex Digital Recorder

Korg Toneworks AXG1000

Dan Electro Wah Wah Pedal (don't use)

Amps:

Dinosaur (not sure what model but it sounds pretty good)

Peavy (blown, the other one, my dad had bought out of nowhere and broght it home one day)

Possibly in the future I'll break down and buy a Marshall, Crate, or Fender amp but these are good enoguh for now.

As for the music I play.. When I first started, I was ALL into Classic Rock and nothing else.. over the years I've kinda gotten a bit sick of some Classic Rock (probably listened to it WAY too much :P ) and then I started listing to a lot of modern metal band (Korn, Mudvayne, Slipknot) and a lot of Metallica as well as some other modern rock like STP, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, ect.

Recently, I'm kinda not sure where it came from.. in the past I could not listien to any of it but now I find myself listeing to a lot of Death Metal.

As for bands, I was part of a quick thown together band back in my senior year of high school for a school supported "Battle of the Bands." We played some songs that I liked including Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze, Foo Fighters - Hero, but then some others I could care less like some Wheezer/AFI songs. But I enjoyed the experience.

Trumpet...though it's been a while, 10 years?

I lent it to a friend in a Funk band and got it back with a bad valve...either that or I completely forgot how to blow into a mouthpiece and make a sound.

Had a 5-piece brass band in highschool. Two trumpets, a sax, and a trombone. We were the "No Name Band", performing in school functions. Our teacher was big on jazz, so we played a lot of good music in our Stage Band.

"Phuck Strings!" LOL

Guest YellowJacket894

I've never heard of that guitar before... got any pictures?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Gemini II was an acoustic model Fender made during the mid to late-1980s. The back and sides were usually made of Nato or Rosewood (my model has Rosewood) and the top was Spruce. They have a reputation for being extremely durable and, for a guitar that didn't go over the $350 mark when new, they have an exceptional tone.

The picture here isn't of the one I own, but it's just like it. I'm hoping to get a new camera sometime this week, and I may come back to update this post with photos of my own guitar, instead of the following.

Posted Image

I don't but a future pursuit would be a wind instrument. I love jazz and could see learning the sax, trombone, etc. I really admire someone who can play a musical instrument since I can't.