Questions for Scott Settlemire

Z/28 release details?

I can tell you what he will say on this one. He will say What Z28? Even while he is looking at the prototype.

This is what he has been stating leading many to think the new supercharged car will not be a Z/28. Could we end up with a ZL1 etc? With Scott it is not so much what he says but what he does not say that often leads to the answer. He is kind of like the Camaro Yoda.

Edited by hyperv6

Might see what all his new job is as he has been moved.

He is still working with the Camaro but has been moved in the shuffle and has not been real happy as he is was not sure even who his boss was for a while.

Might pump Scott some on the Malibu. He has given some hints on the new car in the past and was positive on it. I am not sure what his feeling are today on it or what all he will say. Also see if he is will to do any Scott talk on the new SS sedan.

Just make sure to carefully ask the questions in a way he may be able to comment. He is more able to say what is not happening vs what is.

When will the convertible be available? Are there any plans for more special colors, like the green, which went mainstream for 2011 after special edition status in 2010?

Convertible enters production in February.

My talk with Scott was about an hour ago. I'll let you know what I got.

I would like to have been there, but had responsibilities I couldn't avoid here today.

I'm sure you've learned just how good a guy Scott is - and that he is a fountain of Chevy history.

Yes Scott is a great guy and very helpful in many areas where he can help.

I just wisht GM used him better as he is a great ambassador for Chevy. The man has given his all for Chevy and the Camaro. At time even effecting his health.

I hope you had a good time with him. GM has been giving him a run around of late.

I would not worry too much with Scott as he has a lot of people who know knows him and know his value. He always seems to keep coming back for more.

Lets face it he survived the loss of the F body and even helped bring it back. As long as his health remains good he will fight to be relivent at GM.

Edited by hyperv6