2012 Hyundai Genesis update

regfootball

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/02/2012-hyundai-genesis-to-debut-in-chicago-with-5-0-liter-v8-8-speed-transmission.html

Later this week Hyundai will debut a mid-cycle update for the Genesis Sedan at the Chicago Auto Show with some major powertrain upgrades.

Along with the usual face-lift and trim changes, the 2012 Genesis will get a larger 5.0-liter V8 engine that could make as much as 429-hp and 379 lb-ft of torque – an increase of 44-hp and 45 lb-ft.

Mated to that new V8 engine will be an 8-speed automatic transmission, a big step forward compared to the current 6-speed unit.

Together, this package should help deliver improved performance and fuel economy. The current model achieves 17/25-mpg and can hit 60-mph in just 4.6 seconds.

i hope they update the $h!hthy interior

I am pretty pumped for the new engine and transmission. That is a heck of a powertrain for that price point. I think the interior is fine, there are a few cheap trim pieces, but everything is put together well, and the interior is just as good as any Lincoln or Acura or a Lexus ES350, and that is all the same price point. Plus, look at how car makers are going to V6 luxury cars and 4-bangers in cars costing near $30,000, at least Hyundai offers a V8. I applaud Hyundai.