C&G in MotorTrend mag

How C&G Speculated that it will be a '14 model with the CTS-V's engine, and MT disagrees slightly in the respect that they think it may be sooner (I dunno? I don;t have it in front of me, ATM). Basically they're giving source credit.

But yeah, I got my subscription issue today and saw that. I was gonna post it myself, but I got beat.. still pretty cool though.

The third blurb in the "We Hear" section. I got it backwards, we think it's sooner, they think it's later. And I don't know what to make of the "predicts" nuance.

MTpage.png

if it's a bit difficult to make out:

THERE HAS been a lot of speculation on what engine a Cadillac ATS-v (not its final name) would have. We've heard Cadillac is considering a twin-turbo 3.2-liter V-6, though cheersandgears.com "predicts" that it will be the CTS-v's supercharged 6.2-liter small-block V-8, making 470 horsepower. The 3.2-liter engine would be based on the V-6 GM developed with Fiat for Alfa Romeo models, reoriented to a longitudinal layout for the rear-drive Caddy. While cheersandgears' prediction calls the ATS-v a '14 model, we'll predict that, like the CTS-v, it will launch up to a year after the standard ATS, as a '15. That gives Cadillac a bit more time to decide between the two engines. Because it's an overhead valve engine, the supercharged small-block would fit, and wouldn't add too much weight to the ATS while competing with Mercedes AMG models. the twin-turbo V-6 mill, though, would compete more directly with the next-generation M3 in terms of balancing power and responsible fuel efficiency.

Edited by Turbojett