Drove a Volt today!

My uncle in Grand Rapids is one of the first 2 in that side of the state to get one. He came down to our place today with his black Volt. He's had it for 3 weeks. Got to take it for a spin. Nice driving car. When first powered up and pulling out of the driveway it was on battery until getting on the road and starting to accelerate (keep in mind I'm over 2 hours away from his place so the battery was already depleted). Only when I started slowing down for the stop sign did I hear the motor running. When did accelerate hard for a stretch and you could then hear the motor rev up higher due to the harder acceleration. Regardless the motor was very quit in every condition. You actually noticed the motor vibration in the steering wheel (which was very minor) before hearing the motor run. Gauges were very easy to read. Car was decently comfortable for my 6'-4" frame.

This tops off my week after driving a buddy's new 2011 Mustang Shelby GT500 a few days earlier.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings