• Valvetrain: DOHC-16-Valves w/Intake and Exhaust VVT
  • Valve lifters: Roller Finger Followers w/ Hydraulic Lash Adjusters
  • Ignition system: Coil-on-Plug Direct Ignition
  • Fuel delivery: Direct Gasoline Injection
  • Throttle Control: Electronically Controlled Throttle Body
  • Compression ratio: 11.3:1
  • Horsepower: 190 bhp / 141 kW @ 6200 rpm
  • Torque: 180 lb-ft / 245 Nm @ 4500 rpm
  • Recommended fuel: Regular unleaded (87 Octane)
  • Max. engine speed: 7000 rpm
  • Emissions: PZEV; Secondary Air Injection (SAI) system + close-coupled catalytic converter, positive crankcase ventilation & vapor recover system
  • Additional features: Extended-life spark plugs, Extended-life coolant
  • Estimated fuel economy: >= 35 MPG (Hwy)

Transmission

• Description: Hydramatic 6T40, 6-Speed Automatic w/ Lockup converte
  • Axle Ratio: 2.89 : 1
  • Gear ratios:

[List1]

[*] 4.58 : 1

[*] 2.96 : 1

[*] 1.91 : 1

[*] 1.45 : 1

[*] 1.00 : 1

[*] 0.75 : 1

Official GM Release

Edited by dwightlooi

What does "lost foam" mean?

Its hard to describe in a few words... its been around since the Quad4 used it, IIRC... here's a description...

Wiki

Thanks... I never even thought to check Wiki. You're right.. hard to describe in a few words lol

give me that engine/trans in my MC please GM?

I don't think they have plans for selling that as a crate engine.

oh i know. just be very cool to see gm retrofit older vehicles to really see if design and tech have overcome weight....and whatever else in older cars.

if the bu can get ~34-35 ish and my v6 can get 30.. then mine with that engine would prolly be par with the bu's mpg. not to mention 30hp more and w/i 5lbft of my 3.1 , but with 2 more gears.

oh i know. just be very cool to see gm retrofit older vehicles to really see if design and tech have overcome weight....and whatever else in older cars.

if the bu can get ~34-35 ish and my v6 can get 30.. then mine with that engine would prolly be par with the bu's mpg. not to mention 30hp more and w/i 5lbft of my 3.1 , but with 2 more gears.

GM would not be happy to hear that its drivetrains barely able to get 35 mpg in a Cruze were getting 45 mpg in a 45 year old Chevy II.

GM would not be happy to hear that its drivetrains barely able to get 35 mpg in a Cruze were getting 45 mpg in a 45 year old Chevy II.

Actually, it probably won't. Older cars are inferior in every way except perhaps weight (on some economy models). Weight has a lot less bearing on the Highway MPG numbers than aerodynamics. You'll probably see a bit more in the city, but on the freeway you'll probably lose out. At cruise speeds, you don't have to change velocity much and as long as you are not changing velocity the amount of power it takes to keep 1 ton or 10 tons or 100 tons at 65 mph is exactly the same if the exterior size and shape is exactly the same. In other words, it's all aerodynamic drag. This is why trains are so economical on fuel use per ton of stuff hauled. It's a long, narrow, object with extremely low rolling resistance wheels that doesn't change speeds a lot once it gets going.