Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

I'm hearing not so good things about the 3D also... I only wanted it for the processor power, I don't care about the 3d feature.

More than the processor, it is the RAM which Photon is weak in. 1.0G Tegra is not a slouch compared to the 1.2G snapdragon. Unless you are playing chess software or working with autocad, both the processors will give you good performance.

My biggest concern is future performance. i'm finding that my old Hero is unable to really run some of the new app even though it is technically capable (the app starts and runs.... that's about it) I'm hoping to futureproof my phone for at least 22 months.

Battery life still seems to be a limiting factor w/ many Droid phones...a coworker recently went from a Droid 1 like mine to a Samsung Charge, it's battery life is even worse than the Droid...

My biggest concern is future performance. i'm finding that my old Hero is unable to really run some of the new app even though it is technically capable (the app starts and runs.... that's about it) I'm hoping to futureproof my phone for at least 22 months.

Have you rooted and put a newer rom on your phone? Did wonders for my HTC Desire. http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=512

Samsung Galaxy S II for me if I was to choose now.. But the rumoured Nexus Prime will probably be my next phone as I won't be upgrading this year. I prefer vanilla or cyanogen Android.

Edited by frogger

I just bought an ipad2 it is fantastic and I own an android phone. Apps are what sold the iPad for me. If you want a tablet now ipadftw'

I've been thinking tablet because for casual surfing, etc while watching TV, my Dell Studio XPS laptop is kinda bulky and heavy...a tablet might really be useful in that context...

I just bought an ipad2 it is fantastic and I own an android phone. Apps are what sold the iPad for me. If you want a tablet now ipadftw'

I've been thinking tablet because for casual surfing, etc while watching TV, my Dell Studio XPS laptop is kinda bulky and heavy...a tablet might really be useful in that context...

The wife loves her iPad2, its great for killing time on the train. I think its nifty, but haven't felt compelled to get one.

I was a late adopter to smart phones..but after having one for a year+, I wouldn't want to go back to a plain phone...being able to read email, surf the web, etc when on the go is invaluable to me.

My droidx fits better in my pocket than my previous "dumb phone" did.

Cubes- I have a huge laptop for work that is super powerful and I love not having to take it home to surf on anymore. If I decide I ever need cell internet for it I can just get a tether plan for my phone.

You have more than a month, they'll introduce a dozen new smartphones by then. lol

Sprint's device roadmap for the next quarter has been leaked. So, the Proton and the 3D are my choices in the timeframe.

Any Windows 7 phone other than Arrive, which better is departed?

You have more than a month, they'll introduce a dozen new smartphones by then. lol

Sprint's device roadmap for the next quarter has been leaked. So, the Proton and the 3D are my choices in the timeframe.

Any Windows 7 phone other than Arrive, which better is departed?

A few androids and two blackberries.