I flew over some place interesting this week...

Make sure your sound isn't too high when you hit play. Rotor noise sped up 2000% doesn't sound so nice. :P

Also make sure you put it on 720p. Though you might have to pause and let it load a bit before you hit play again with 720p.

The funny thing was, it wasn't even my choice. I was given 3 airports to fly to, and this was the course it required.

I guess it is true my friend told me when she was at the Black Lake in Warren she saw some new S.A.M. stations going in. She thought it was to keep Lutz from Buzzing them, but now we know the real reason why.

Many pilots today still fly the interstates LOL! When my buddy and I go flying we have two high dollar GPS systems in his plane to use but we still mostly fly by landmarks but we know the midwest and south east area pretty well. If we went farther west we would need help.

I love the video. Was that a GO PRO? I wished I had one for my B-25 flights a couple years back. . I rigged up a old Sony and it did not come out well. On the B-25 on both flights just had too much vibration. The Go Pro does a good job.

I have flow several planes but I still really admire anyone who can fly a chopper! :thumbsup: . That is what seperates the skilled from the average pilots.

Yep that's from a GoPro.

I'm looking forward to flying with a GPS-enabled iPad. Seems to be the way everyone is going and looks to reduce the workload on the pilot.

The new systems are pretty amazing.

My Buddys Beechecraft Bonanza G36 was built for a Dr and the good Doc added the best of everything and often two of each. I guess he had a fear of losing a system. The navagation systems are very good and are great for hitting the Islands off the coast. They use to fly from New England to Fl and at times to the islands till she was unable to get in the plane.

I don't have a license but I get to take the yoke often when we are up. I was lucky enough to fly the B25 on one of my flights. It was like flying a big dump truck. My dad knew a lot of pilots so he got me in a lot of cool planes and copters when guys were going up. I love flying and would love to have my license but I could never talk the wife into a plane.

Enjoy the flying I know you have to be having a blast.

Hmm, possibilities....

Ha, I wish.

While it's perfectly legal to fly over any of the Michigan proving grounds at the minimum safe altitude (500 ft.), you would probably run into trouble once you started snapping/using photos.

Anyone can fly over private property, but you can't interfere with its' use. Normally, that would just be a noise issue, but with the massive, well-financed legal teams the OEMs have, I'm sure they would have no problem trying to argue in court that someone flying 500 ft over the grounds with a long camera lens was interfering.

Hmm, possibilities....

Ha, I wish.

While it's perfectly legal to fly over any of the Michigan proving grounds at the minimum safe altitude (500 ft.), you would probably run into trouble once you started snapping/using photos.

Anyone can fly over private property, but you can't interfere with its' use. Normally, that would just be a noise issue, but with the massive, well-financed legal teams the OEMs have, I'm sure they would have no problem trying to argue in court that someone flying 500 ft over the grounds with a long camera lens was interfering.

There's always something to spoil the fun...

Hmm, possibilities....

Ha, I wish.

the borders of the property go straight up right? Maybe it is just some good angle that you need rather than being right over?

Just get a Hughes painted up like Lutz and they will think you are just checking up on them.

Hah, I wish. The MD-500s are sort of the Ferrari of the non-military, helicopter world. Sadly, I don't have a spare million bucks.

Just taker a lot of good pictures!

Or get some naked ones of a few CEO's that are willing to pay. LOL!

I don't think I could do a helicopter though, the rotors would drive me nuts.

Ha, how do you mean?

I'm not sure, but it seems like the pattern of the larger rotors chopping would get to me more than the constant din of an airplane engine. i dunno though, maybe i could learn to drown either one out. but I'd still like to learn a small light plane.

Ha, how do you mean?

I'm not sure, but it seems like the pattern of the larger rotors chopping would get to me more than the constant din of an airplane engine. i dunno though, maybe i could learn to drown either one out. but I'd still like to learn a small light plane.

I doubt it would bother you. And don't forget, you've always got a headset on.

Ha, how do you mean?

I doubt it would bother you. And don't forget, you've always got a headset on.

true.