Barn find: '64 GTO

Well, it's a decent parts offering since this car will never be numbers-matching, good major pieces for a built cruiser... tho I'd go with a 400 over the 455 here. I would be much more interested if this was a mostly rust-free car instead of the surgery the description says it needs. What's your take?

Well, it's a decent parts offering since this car will never be numbers-matching, good major pieces for a built cruiser... tho I'd go with a 400 over the 455 here. I would be much more interested if this was a mostly rust-free car instead of the surgery the description says it needs. What's your take?

Much the same as yours. I don't know as much about the various Pontiac v8s though, so I wondered about your perspective on it. Would this have been a 389 car originally? Don't think the ad said...

Much the same as yours. I don't know as much about the various Pontiac v8s though, so I wondered about your perspective on it. Would this have been a 389 car originally? Don't think the ad said...

Yes. Looks to be the same color as the '65 my brother had around 1978-1980... For an engine, this could use the 265 from that '60 Pontiac 4dr Balthy posted a while back... :)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

^ Yeah, NO.

All '64-66s were 389s, 400 came along for '67.

There aren't quite as many engine repop pieces for the 389 vs. the 400, and they're visually identical.

Camino- here's my buddy's '67 Chevelle project car- perhaps that's more up yer alley:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Chevelle-malibu-1967-Chevelle-Malibu-2-door-hardtop-/160759746637?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item256e07104d#ht_500wt_1107