Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins 1930-2012

Sad to see people who had passion for exciting cars passing on. Hopefully he passed his knowledge onto his own kids and others who have been inspired to create amazing vehicles. RIP Grumpy!!!

He really was a cool guy. We had him as a customer at work.

What is really cool is the old Dave Strickter Old Reliable II 62 Chevy that won the US National and Winter National in 1962 is owned locally here. I have seen the car on street driven in full restored race trim. The guy who owns it bought it because it was a 409 Chevy but found the lettering when he started to sand the body. It is cool to see it and hear it with open pipes on the highway. Th Local cops know him and look the other way.

Bought the book Grumpys Toys and was hoping to run into him again to get him to sign it. Too bad I will never get the chance.

Been hearing the name Strickler all of my life...

Jenkins was local to me here, and quite the legend. Both my dad and my uncle knew him pretty well. He tuned my dad's Studebaker Golden Hawk when it was new, and was my uncle's friend since forever. I had the privilege of seeing his cars being built at SRD Race Cars when I was a kid since that crew was tight with my uncle (still are actually).

The last time I saw him, he was signing autographs at Carlisle.

Been hearing the name Strickler all of my life...

Jenkins was local to me here, and quite the legend. Both my dad and my uncle knew him pretty well. He tuned my dad's Studebaker Golden Hawk when it was new, and was my uncle's friend since forever. I had the privilege of seeing his cars being built at SRD Race Cars when I was a kid since that crew was tight with my uncle (still are actually).

The last time I saw him, he was signing autographs at Carlisle.

That is one thing with my work is I have gotten to meet and work with some of the ledgends of the racing and performance industry. It is kind of cool to go to work and find some people you never thought you would never meet at your desk sit in a meeting with them. Bill was one of the special ones. It is amazing to grow up seeing these guys and then getting paid to work and hang out with them.

Another one of his cars was around here. A about 12 miles from me restored Bills Vega Pro Stock. He would load it up on a trailer and bring it to our local Cruize in. He has sold it a while ago and it has traded hand a few more times. It amazes me the car we have in this area.