Cheers or Jeers: 17,000 Mile 1959 Buick Electra

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A great year that's in great shape!
    • Jeers! Too much money for too many doors.

1959 Buick Electra 4 door. 17,575 Original miles.This car was bought new by H.F. Johns at Eberly Buick Ephrata P.A. Its in very nice original survivor conmdition. Every light, switch and control is in working order.New exhaust, rebuilt generator,water pump, battery , belts and hoses.I just had it NY state inspected and passed with no problems.This car runs and drives great. Like a new 1959 Buick.The only thing I would recommend is replacing the tires before you drive any long distance. Other then that you can drive it cross the country.No oil,tranny or power steering leaks, everything is dry underneath.Interior is original and in very, very nice condition.no cracks in dash or steering wheel. Headliner is perfect.EZ Eye tinted glass all original and in great condition.Door panels and seat are original and in great condition.Engine bay is clean and original. Could use a little detailing. The trunk is all original with material and spare and jack assembly.The paint is original and still has a nice shine. its is Silver Birch with a Artic White top. There are some minor scratches and dings. The hood has a ding.The right front top fender trim has a ding.You can see this in the pics.The left top fender has two small hole where there was a second mirrior mounted before.The bumpers still shine nice and the stainless is nice. This car is solid top to bottom with no rust.I bought this car last year from PA but never registered it in NY.It comes with a clear PA title and Bill of Sale from me. This car was purchased from the original owners daughter inlaw. I have the original Sales Invoice, Window Sticker, Protection Policy, Sale Contract,Owners manual etc..Feel free to come inspect the car. You will be impressed!!!!!!

$%28KGrHqF,!iEE-kqHDNp7BPqpbSORow~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqV,!lUE9mmZ3TW9BPqpZ7zUl!~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqR,!ioE9eOwfmnUBPqpgiiPl!~~60_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,!lME9lsNg%28!YBPqpdZr2q!~~60_3.JPG

Car is in really fantastic shape (other than underhood cosmetics), and the Buick people have no issue with 4-drs (esp flattops : 1800 hits in 4 days).

So far, the price is in line with market value for an Electra in this shape.

I wouldn't chase a 4-dr at anywhere near market price, enjoying the svelt beauty of a 2-dr hardtop as I do (or one day will), but this is still a towering Cheers.

B-59carport.jpg

Edited by balthazar

That's a gorgeous car but I have to ask it a question: Why you mad tho? >:] ;)

Looking at the floor carpet, did Buick use cut-pile carpet back then? I was thinking more like loop-pile. Maybe my eyeballs are trickin'.