FR-S Size Comparison

duas9l.png

It's really a small car...really no bigger than a Miata...and it's a four seater.

Test drove one...those back seats are TINY!

Smaller, methinks than even a Porsche 911 or MGB-GT.

Well I'm all for size comparisons.

I sawr one at the local dealer, black. Didn't stop, but would like to go back and investigate when they're closed. Also, the Subaru dealer is right up the road from them if I want to see the real version. I hope they have one.

Which has me torn...I'd love to get another domestic in the driveway, but there are things these two do well.

Right now we've got two Japanese cars, two American, and one British.

Looking forward to your impressions. When I saw the car at the dealer, what struck me what how small the car looked in the flesh outdoors, even though I had already seen it at the auto show. It really reminded me of the Datsun 240Z, which is about 4 inches shorter. I didn't ask to test drive one because it would be too tempting to take one home.

Which has me torn...I'd love to get another domestic in the driveway, but there are things these two do well.

Right now we've got two Japanese cars, two American, and one German.

Fixed. :P

Yes this car is something that can seek balance of being a daily driver and track hopper. I somehow feel the need of a turbo motor with ~270 hp while sacrificing couple of mpg.

Looking forward to your impressions. When I saw the car at the dealer, what struck me what how small the car looked in the flesh outdoors, even though I had already seen it at the auto show. It really reminded me of the Datsun 240Z, which is about 4 inches shorter. I didn't ask to test drive one because it would be too tempting to take one home.

There are some downsides to it...the spedo is useless (it comes with two, one digital and one analog) it rides rougher than a fullyy prepped race car, and the cabin is small.

It has its upsides, though.

I saw a dark gray FR-S late Tuesday afternoon...1st one I'd seen...very striking little car...looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Indeed....esp. if you spend your weekends sliding around sideways like I do....

Right now we've got two Japanese cars, two American, and one German.

Fixed. :P

Yes this car is something that can seek balance of being a daily driver and track hopper. I somehow feel the need of a turbo motor with ~270 hp while sacrificing couple of mpg.

Which would make it all the more lust worthy... until you realize that a low mile C5 ZO6 is probably eight grand cheaper than the Turbo version of this car.,

It would be a good investment perhaps....the value of sports cars has gone up over the last year.

One of the guys in my Miata club actually had someone T-Bone his Miata and he got a nice insurance check. He was thinking about a C5 last year, and prices have gone up since then. Prices on Miatas have gone up as well...along with a lot of other sporty cars.

Come on...you only live once...Camino is selling his C3...you could get a nice c4....and only have C2 and C1 to complete the collection.

And I know where several good resto candidates are sitting, waiting for a good home.

You wanted to loose your sanity, right Z?

Actually to me, a nice later C4 doesn't sound insane....I can't afford a Z06, but something like a 94 or 95 Coupe with decent miles and a manual...hmmm...

I have several friends who drive them who have done better than that...

Besides...what other car on the planet offers that much bang for the buck?

Biggest thing to me is that if I spend 25K for a car, it's got to be a long term daily driver...

A Vette is probably not practical in an Ohio winter...even with blizzacks.

If I could pick up a really nice later C4 for 12-15K I could be interested....but my friend is finding almost nothing even in later C4's in that price range that isn't beat half to death....