And that's how it IS!

ocnblu

Interesting that the video is marked as an illegal street racing car. I see a Hyundia Genesis 2011 also. I wish they would post why the cars are being destroyed, it is such a sad waste.

WOW, so you are saying that many of the SEMA show cars are destroyed? I thought the whole point of SEMA was to show off what the aftermarket could do with a production car that keeps it street legal.

Still a shame for an early death of a car. I notice the Lexus was harder to crush than the Hyundia.

Yes, there are plenty of car crush videos featuring impounded street racers. I even sawr a '59 Buick 4-door hardtop get crushed by a couple of too-gleeful junkyard dudes (they say they had it for sale a good while but sawr no interest).

As far as the IS in this vid goes, i have found no definitive answer on why it was thankfully destroyed. Some say street racer, others say show car. Not sure what to believe, there is more than one vid with the same car over there @ YT.

They crush cars sometimes bought back as lemons, or they also crush pre-production stuff...

Still a waste to crush so many cars.

And dfelt, they crush modified cars a lot of times because they are either built with pre-production prototypes or the car maker doesn't want to be liable for legal costs arising from an accident involving a modified vehicle.

BBC made top gear crush the "reasonably priced car" that they let the "star" race in as part of the show.,