Chevrolet News:Chevrolet Starts 60-Day Return Policy, No Haggle Pricing On 2012 Models

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

July 10, 2012

If you have been thinking about buying a Chevrolet, General Motors has sweeten the deal. Starting today, the automaker is offering consumers its new "Chevy Confidence" program. The program allows consumers who buy a 2012 or 2013 Chevrolet model to return it within 30 or 60 days with less than 4,000 miles on the clock and no damage. GM calls it the "Love It Or Return It" program. Also, GM has applied special pricing on all of its 2012 models on top of all current incentives under the banner of "Total Confidence Pricing." Each 2012 model has a clearly-marked no-haggle price.

"We have transformed the Chevrolet lineup, so there is no better time than now to reach out to new customers with the love it or return it guarantee and very attractive, bottom line pricing. We think customers who have been driving competitive makes or even older Chevrolets will be very pleased by today's Chevrolet designs, easy-to-use technologies, comprehensive safety and the quality built into all of our cars, trucks and crossovers," said Chris Perry, Chevrolet global vice president of marketing.

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at [email protected] or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Chevrolet Backs New Vehicle Lineup with Guarantee

DETROIT – Chevrolet is building on the momentum of record breaking global sales and the total transformation of its product lineup by making consumers a bold new guarantee – if you don't love it, return it.

Starting today participating U.S. retailers will offer the Chevy Confidence program which includes:

"Love it or Return it" – a vehicle return program on every new 2012 or 2013 model year vehicle purchase. Customers can return vehicles bought during the program, with less than 4,000 miles driven and no damage, 30 to 60 days from the purchase date. It's simple – if you don't love it, return it.

"Total Confidence Pricing" – all 2012 model year Chevrolets will be offered at special preferred prices in addition to all current vehicle-specific incentives. No mystery about it – the price you see is the price you pay.

For full program details and limitations go to chevyconfidence.com.

"We have transformed the Chevrolet lineup, so there is no better time than now to reach out to new customers with the love it or return it guarantee and very attractive, bottom line pricing," said Chris Perry, Chevrolet global vice president of marketing. "We think customers who have been driving competitive makes or even older Chevrolets will be very pleased by today's Chevrolet designs, easy-to-use technologies, comprehensive safety and the quality built into all of our cars, trucks and crossovers."

"Research has shown customers respond positively to the confidence companies demonstrate with programs like this and appreciate the peace of mind that comes with knowing they have the option of being able to return their vehicle," said Perry.

With a solid new lineup of vehicles to sell, Chevrolet's U.S. dealers have worked to elevate the retail experience by undergoing a transformation of their own. The results are new showrooms that better showcase the brand, and more highly trained staffs delivering a greater level of customer service.

"Chevy Confidence adds another element of convenience to the retail experience that is sure to attract consumers to our showrooms, and we know through first-hand experience that once they get behind the wheel of one of our new products, they are more likely to take one home," said Steve Hurley, co-chair of the Chevrolet Dealer Council.

Chevrolet sold 4.76 million vehicles around the world in 2011, setting a global sales record, and is on track to build on that success in 2012 with its best-ever first quarter global sales of 1.18 million vehicles. The U.S. was the brand's leading market and was the leader in both passenger car and performance car sales in 2011. During the past two calendar years, Chevrolet has grown faster than other high-volume global brands, bringing its global market share to 6.28 percent.

Chevrolet vehicles are consistently recognized for delivering the quality, features and fuel economy that consumers want. For example, the Malibu was recently recognized as the highest-performing midsize car in the 2012 J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality StudySM. The Silverado HD, Avalanche and Tahoe were also among the top three in their respective segments and the Chevrolet brand turned in its best-ever performance in the study with an overall improvement of 8 percent.

Edmunds.com and Parents magazine have also recognized the Cruze Eco and Sonic as two of the Best Family Cars for 2012. Both the Cruze Eco and Sonic deliver fuel economy of 40 mpg or more on the highway and offer consumers the comfort, safety and advanced technology they expect at a value.

View full article

Love this program. About time GM showed their love in their vehicles. I hope they roll this out to Buick and GMC also.

Before anyone says what about Cadillac, no luxury markets do not need these kinds of programs. That is a different beast all together.

Cadillac should have it's own type of customer Love it program, but not sure what that should be at this time.

• Agree 1

I don't know...but I am seeing the auto market hat up with incentives and so forth...

Hopefully car makers don't get into an incentive war, and cut profits to the point where they are in the red again.

However, yeah...I could totally see taking advantage of this for a new Chevy...I jut couldn't see returning the Chevrolet...

My take on this is one if is good PR. I also see it as a way to entice Saturn people in as they loved the no haggle pricing.

I Also see that this is a good way to lower the price of a car with out the incentive package and it makes it look less like you are trying just to dump the remaining 2012 models. It is a more see we stand behind our cars and we will make it easy to buy. Translation is we could offer incentives and look like we are just dumping left overs.

I would say this may help with many buyers as many of the new Chevys are already selling well and about 60% of the buyers have little idea on how to properly research a cars price and know how to work a good deal. It is amazing where I see people on forums bragging how they got a good deal and paid 2-3 thousand more than I did.

As for returns I expect there will be few. In the past when they had deals like this few people ever return a car and generally it may have been problem related.

I Expect the dealer to still come done add any special offers to the price.

The Cruze is selling as it is so I do not expect any low ball price. But to be fail the dealers will drop the price more. I know every time they advertise Employee pricing you still can get a lot more off of even that price.

Since the 2013 models are coming out in about 90 days or less, expect heavy discounting on the 2012 models to make room. Some models are worth the wait ('13 Malibu); others may not add much to the party ('13 Cruze, '13 Impala).