Sign in to follow this  
A Horse With No Name

I guess even the wealthy have trouble dealing with dealerships

Missy Elliot insists ... her brand new Lamborghini is being held captive by an Illinois car dealership -- after she paid handsomely for the luxury vehicle -- and now, she's suing to get her ride.

The rapper filed the lawsuit in Florida against Fox Valley Motor Cars, claiming she entered into an agreement with the dealership last year to buy a 2012 Matte White Lambo Aventador (below, in orange) for $376,000.

According to the lawsuit, Missy -- repped by Singh, Singh & Trauben -- agreed to make a down payment that included $30,000 in cash AND her 2005 Bentley (valued at $85,000). In return, Missy claims the dealership agreed to ship her the Lambo by mid 2012 ... but never did.

Missy says she contacted Fox Valley for an explanation -- and was told the terms of the deal had changed because the market value of the car had risen.

According to the lawsuit, Fox Valley refused to deliver the car for the agreed upon sale price -- and demanded way more money in exchange for the vehicle.

But Missy says that's BS -- and now, she's suing Fox Valley for possession of her Lambo, plus damages resulting from the dealership's breach of contract.

Calls to Fox Valley weren't returned.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/10/missy-...ghini-lawsuit/

Lemme get this straight: The terms of the agreement have changed after a contract was signed and the agreement was locked in? Because [/i]the value of the vehicle had risen?![/i] Don't cars have to depreciate first before they appreciate? That is BS. And price gouging. Is this dealership run by Mafisti or something?

If I were her, I'd get my freak on and go in there and kick some car salesman ass.

• Upvote 1

Ocnblu, u got the right idea! As Biggie once said, "Kick in the door wavin the 44, make em say Poppa please dont hit me no more". But seeriously though that is some bull, the dealership just want money which they will lose when Missy takes em 2 court and take em 4 every penny they got!!

• Upvote 4

Bizarre. There's some part of the story missing, hopefully. Doesn't make sense.

Bizarre. There's some part of the story missing, hopefully. Doesn't make sense.

I agree, something is missing in the story. Hopefully we will find out.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook