Makin' Trax

ocnblu

So right under the Chevrolet brand... so "WTF" under the Buick brand...

The Trax should be wedged into Chevy's US lineup.  It is different enough from the Encore, imo.  Here it is drivin'...

I think what we don't know plays a bigger part of this. There is a new Smaller Nox coming and until we see what it is we are only giving incomplete judgments.

The new nox eill be on the Delta 2 Cruze platform so it should be similar in size and smaller than todays vehicle. This would put it not much larger than the trax and similar in size to the Kia etc.

If you have seen the Encore it is small and I mean really small. The more I think about it the Buick may have been the beter place to set the GM entry apart. It can offer Luxury at a price below market average price. It also can have a better chance at making a profit at the higher price point.

I wonder if the issue with the Trax is the imports come in so cheap that there is little meat on the bone once GM competes only on low ball price. Keep in mind where it is built also come into play here. If they import the Chevy they may make more but if they build it here it will cust into some profits. I am not sure where the Buick is made but with more options and a higher price it will make more money per unit with a product unlike the others.

Also we have to factor in the unknown. GM is dark anymore and they may have ideas on what they are doing that make more sense once we know. There is a hell of a lot of product coming and we have only a hint at a few.

Also keep in mind it is not coming means little if you look a some of the models coming like the Colorado etc.

I almost wonder if they plan on bringing the Trailblazer here once they shrink the Nox.