Choppin' Competition #18 - SAAB AeroX Concept

Welcome to Choppin' Competition #18!

SAAB has been largely ignored by many of us as the redheaded stepchild of the General Motors family. But with a solid customer base, international flavor, and a rich history steeped in bleeding-edge aviation technology, SAAB is poised to become a vital part of GM's luxury portfolio...if it gets new product.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to 'Chop the SAAB AeroX into the next SAAB vehicle you think SAAB needs. Ideas include the next 9-5, Kappa-based Sonnett, next 9-3, midsize crossover. You're not limited by those, though, so feel free to make up something of your own!

The only rule aside from 800x600 size guidelines is that is must be based on an image of the SAAB AeroX concept. Choose any image you'd like. Here are links to some:

SAAB AeroX downloads

AutoDeadline

SAAB Aero X search

The winner will recieve a SAAB-related prize!

Deadline is Wednesday, May 3rd @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

AAAhhh, I did this one as "Toronado" for GMI, just to piss Rex off !...LOL, what a jerk he is....anyway, I still LIKE this alot...

Forget it as a Toro,,,it was based upon the Sabb Areo-X...still like the name tho...

....the Sabb Toronado ????...Hey,... why NOT ?

Posted Image

Well, consider this one as entry #1...I'll get ya another FRESH one too !...OK ?

This thing is dilberately OUTSIDE the BOX !!!...I should, I will, clean it up some tho, & remove the Toronado name.

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

Fresh Aero X - Topless seems to be popular here !....

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this new software (PS CS2)...??

...this is the first pix I did totally in that, no other software was used.

it's kinda pretty huh ?....& yes, there is some Corvette in the design,

and I did not chop the back down to meet he windows to keep a sense

of a rollbar in the car, figure it would have enough horsepower to

overcome the drag from that, heck it's a (Viper) Roadster, and I thought

the rear deck had a Cobra Daytona feel too...???

There are a coupla anomolies in the upload however, ...the blue on the tailpipe

and the white next to my sig are NOT there in the original pix !...?

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

oh $h!...I was work'in on a front veiw of that thing....yea,,gimmie 1 more day, K ?

Nevermind...I got a finished one to go with the rear veiw now....;

Posted Image

...if the other one freaked you out....this will push you over the edge !

!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget that Toronado POS, it was done as a joke anyway....

....this bitch is the real thing......"Off the wall & in your face".....by DESIGN .

OK, so I am a sick puppy......I LIKE IT !!!!even tho it came out a bit fuzzier than the rear view,,,i am still working on getting the hang of this PSCS2 stuff, so...

Edited by MRDETROITMETAL