Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Posting (embedding) YouTube videos?

Are you hitting the "other post options" button, then clicking the "allow HTML code" button?

Hmmm... I don't see that button. All I see is Link and Image. I know I used to be able to do this, but it seems to have changed w/ the last update.

I have to admit, I have had problems in the past finding those buttons, and I have posted about it. But lately they've been where they belong... not sure what's going on, Moltie. I just posted two videos this morning, in the normal way, with buttons.

I have to admit, I have had problems in the past finding those buttons, and I have posted about it. But lately they've been where they belong... not sure what's going on, Moltie. I just posted two videos this morning, in the normal way, with buttons.

Hmmm....what do the buttons look like/where are you seeing them? I see two rows at the top of the editor---top row has Font, Size, etc on the left Paste options on the top right....second row has bold, italic, underline, link, image, etc.

The humor of all of this is I build web applications...yet can't find a particular button on a page..(I don't design user interfaces, though--I'm more of a wiring/plumbing guy--application integration).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I was wondering what was going on. I know I was posting the videos and they used to post with no problem. I noticed a while back., it was not posting like it once did and all I got was links. I was too afraid to ask what was going on. I thought maybe I had done something... It is good to know this now. I am not sure if I know how to do this anyway...

When I hit the reply button to post this, I see at the bottom right, a gray/light blue button that reads "more reply options". When I click on that, it brings the posting box to a new window with a list of "post options" to the right. At the top of that list is a button that reads "enable HTML"... if I click that and enable it, I can then paste a YouTube video using the previously copied embed code for said video.

When I hit the reply button to post this, I see at the bottom right, a gray/light blue button that reads "more reply options". When I click on that, it brings the posting box to a new window with a list of "post options" to the right. At the top of that list is a button that reads "enable HTML"... if I click that and enable it, I can then paste a YouTube video using the previously copied embed code for said video.

Ahh...found it..what a poor UI design..weak. I never even noticed the 'more reply options'... Those post options items on the right should be in the same row as the other edit options like Link, Image, etc.

You don't need to do all that. I always just copy and paste the URL of the video's page, hit reply, and enjoy. The board's software automatically embeds the video. Works fine on Chrome and Firefox.

That used to work for me, not any more..if I try that, I just end up with a link ine post, like this.

chrome on Win 8

IE 10 on Win 8

Firefox on Mac

Firefox on Win 8

It works just fine on IE 10 or Firefox. I did notice that IE 10 if you go with default settings is really tight on letting things post normally. Check your security settings.

Looks like it's Firefox on a Mac FTW!! Will have to install FF on my Windows laptop. Firefox didn't work either in Windows. Must be some Win 8 security settings or other nonsense.