Oh Hai...

Cory Wolfe

Oops... I sort of forgot about this place until Drew sparked my memory. So yeah, I suppose an update is in order for those who don't follow me on Facebook.

After Detroit, the $h! sort of hit the fan for my life. Finances became tight as I sought to pay down my debts (a.k.a. reduce the amount owned on my Avalon due to its not-so-sterling depreciation) and suddenly my job turned into a living hell. I managed to put up with it until the middle of summer when I finally had enough and quit. Needless to say, the experience has soured my views on ever working in a pharmacy again. Once I was out of that place, I had a gracious offer from a well-known friend to do a little photography of the automotive spying variety. As much as I wanted to make it work, I couldn't afford the move with the way my finances were.

Now, after a few months, I remain unemployed, but somewhat supported by my significant other. Speaking of which, I've had a sort of up and down relationship with him this year but we've worked the majority of the kinks out. Over two years in, we are the happiest we've been since we met, save for a petty argument over who keeps things more tidy every now and then.

Also of note is a little contest I entered and recently won. Jalopnik held a contest to see who could design the best race track as inspired by GT6's track creator as part of the inaugural Jaloplik Film Festival. Using MS Paint as my canvas, I crafted the best track I could imagine and submitted it for Jalopnik's approval. Apparently, all the editors loved it and deemed it the winner. Below, is my entry and what I won.

526562_10152204650453047_663111825_n.jpg

1385714_10152252293383047_1377433943_n.j1374173_10152252293108047_327892475_n.jp1382046_10152252292723047_1393174850_n.j1381608_10152252292703047_936610504_n.jp

Basically, it's a Human Racing GT chassis with a Thrustmaster T500 RS wheel set as used for Gran Turismo's Nissan GT Academy. Jalopnik also had it signed by a dozen or so people including Kazunori Yamauchi (GT's Creator), and Ken Block, among others. Overally, it's a pretty cool piece that takes up alot of space, but I don't care. It's too awesome to hide.

So yeah... Hi, How're doin?

Welcome back, sounds like you have been living in interesting times. Wish I could see the picks, but I figure they will show up some time in the future. :P

This is how lately pictures have been showing up for me.

post-12-0-81417900-1381503253_thumb.jpg

Weird, it looks the same in both the latest versions of Firefox and IE 10. Not sure but maybe my company has added a filter on the firewall. Will try changing some things.

Thank ya, thank ya... again. :P

Also, of note, I've resumed employment, atleast temporarily. This also marks the quickest I've ever landed a job. Dubois recently just added a Papa John's to their resume of Pizza joints and somehow I missed seeing any job openings being posted. I decided to post on their Facebook Tuesday, saying "If you need any more delivery drivers, I'm interested!" and quickly got a response telling me to stop by and fill out an application. Did just that yesterday, received a call an hour later, basically hired me over the phone without an interview, and today, I had my first day. Didn't expect that. Anyhow, delivering pizza should allow me to catch myself back up until something desirable presents itself. Might get some odd looks in the mean time delivering in a fully loaded Avalon, though.