William Maley

Subaru News: Subaru Becomes A Three-Peat Winner Of Motor Trend's SUV of the Year

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

October 10, 2013

'It's the most wonderful time of the year.'

No, I'm not referring to the upcoming holiday season. I'm talking about the automotive award season which was kicked off today by Motor Trend announcing their Sport/Utility of the Year for 2014. The winner for this go-around was the Subaru Forester. The Forester beat the likes of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Acura MDX, and Buick Encore on value, fuel efficiency and fun-to-drive-ness.

"We are honored to receive the MOTOR TREND Sport/Utility of the Year award for the third time. Our product, engineering, sales and marketing teams all work hard to provide the best products and experiences we can for our owners. Receiving this distinction from MOTOR TREND truly adds credence to our mission," said Thomas J. Doll, president, and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc.

For those keeping score, this is Subaru's third Sport/Utility of the Year award and the Forester's second.

Source: Motor Trend, Subaru

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

I honestly expected the Grand Cherokee or Range Rover to be selected.

I thought it was going to be Grand Cherokee and Range Rover Sport... The Forester was a dark horse for me.

wow, someone was paid off for this to go there again. What a poor excuse for a auto.

Didn't the GC get it back in '11 when it was redesigned? '14 was a mild MCE..

There is a big difference in interior, they added the 8-speed transmissions, and the diesel.... along with an exterior freshening and a host of tech upgrades

Not really mild in my view.

Didn't the GC get it back in '11 when it was redesigned? '14 was a mild MCE..

No. 2011 went to the Porsche Cayenne.