Rare 1979 Fully Restored El Camino Stolen

David

Hit the news this weekend, A rare fully restored 1979 El Camino was stolen 1 month after the owner dies leaving his son and family devestated.

Beautiful Ride, for those that can Apprecaite the time and effort that goes into making a auto this sweet.

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/olympia/Rare-restored-car-with-sentimental-value-stolen-in-Olympia-250433281.html

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That is awful people just don't care who they hurt. Thieves make me sick, I hope it is recovered. My brother restored an old El Camino everyone wanted that bad boy. He put a lot of time, and effort into it. Not to mention a ton on money. As I'm sure this man did. Very heartbreaking story I hope it has a happy ending.

It amazes me how old cars that used to go for a few hundred dollars then are now worth a few thousand dollars. Old is gold when it comes to vintage cars. Sorry for that family though, a lot of blood, sweat and tears must have been put into the restoration of that car.