Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

OCTOBER 2014 Car Spotters Thread Goes Here

Saw a black Roller Phantom in traffic along w/ a mint condition light gray/beige '40 Ford Deluxe Tudor sedan.  Was moving slowly in traffic, keeping long distances from cars in front, no doubt because of old timey brake stopping distances.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday--

A gray Rolls Royce Phantom, 4 Tesla Ses (dark red, gray, white, and black), and a rather rare Mercedes-Benz SL AMG Black Series in white. 

Today was eclectic 70s import coupe day...saw a sharp yellow Fiat X1/9, a clean red Alfa Romeo GTV, a well worn faded red Lancia Beta (I see this one a few times a year), and a derelict-but-running gray/black Datsun 200SX,  

Teslas have become so common here in the Valley of the Sun they are now a daily sight. 

Lambo's and Ferrari's galore, Seattle Auto show this coming week so they are already lining up the cars in the north parking lot for the show and showing them off as today is the Seahawk / Cowboys game.

Deep Ocean Blue '15 Silverado 1500 Z71 DBL cab.

I'm dying to see this new blue color (GMC calls it 'Stone Blue Metallic'). Is it a dark blue color? I wasn't sold on the 2014's Cobalt Blue Metallic, it was too 'electric' blue for my tastes. I'm disappointed that a dark blue color is not offered on the new Canyon :(

I'm dying to see this new blue color (GMC calls it 'Stone Blue Metallic'). Is it a dark blue color? I wasn't sold on the 2014's Cobalt Blue Metallic, it was too 'electric' blue for my tastes. I'm disappointed that a dark blue color is not offered on the new Canyon :(

I find it to be actually similar to GM's famous Marina Blue of the 1960's.  It's a medium blue, not electric like Cobalt.  I really like it myself.

I find it to be actually similar to GM's famous Marina Blue of the 1960's.  It's a medium blue, not electric like Cobalt.  I really like it myself.

Thanks.  I can't wait to see one in person myself.  I've been a big fan of GM's midnight/indigo/dark blue colors on the full-size trucks the past decade or two... the recent use of electric blue (laser blue, for example) have not been my cup of tea.  I'm interested in the Emerald Green Metallic and Bronze Alloy Metallic colors, but would have went gaa-gaa for a dark blue color.

Was at the Seattle Auto show this past weekend and saw the following:

1956 Ford Pickup

post-12-0-75230100-1413865015_thumb.jpg

1939 custom coupe

post-12-0-62586500-1413865040_thumb.jpg

2015 Chevy Trax

post-12-0-33381800-1413865079_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-50831600-1413865085_thumb.jpg

Lincolns New Station wagon

post-12-0-27164900-1413865136_thumb.jpg

2015 Chevy SS part of the local news story on the Auto Show

post-12-0-47440700-1413865189_thumb.jpg

2015 Focus Electric - Had to laugh as once I set the seat, no one could sit behind me.

post-12-0-72453100-1413865277_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-54290700-1413865280_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-84619100-1413865285_thumb.jpg

They also had the Z28 on display for people to check out.

post-12-0-32639200-1413865426_thumb.jpg

Sent last evening at the track with my brother & a friend.

My brother's '68 'bird, 402CI Pontiac, PG, weighs right about 3050, ran 10.03 @ 135. Car shifts at around 7500 RPM [Wut?? Pushrods can't rev! /doofus] Went 9.96 earlier this season, still fine tuning, first season back on the track after a number of years of a slow rebuild :

DSC03764_zps7360b1e5.jpg

Buddy's '67 LeMans, 447CI Pontiac, Eldelbrock AL heads, Dominator carb, TH400, 4.56 gears. Dyno'd at 680 HP. First shakedown run after new motor, car last ran in 2002. Aborted run, but should be solidly in the 10s.

DSC03765_zps7d03a005.jpg

Finally caught a glimpse of the new 2015 GMC Canyon today!  I was travelling on Route 1 North outside of Princeton and on a side street was a car carrier with 5-6 GMC Terrain SUVs and 1 Canyon All Terrain SLE Crew Cab 4WD in black.  I'll have to scope out the dealers in the Princeton area to see who may have received it.

I'm off from work today and just dropped my daughter off at Pre-K (school). On thethe way home at a red light was a car carrier with 3 new 2015 Chevy Silverados, one in the new blue metallic color. From what I saw of it (1,000 feet away), it looks nice. Need to cruise through the local Chevy dealer this weekend to see if he was the one that received it to check it out closer.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74