My 1988 GMC Sierra

This is my 1988 GMC Sierra. It was my paps then he gave it to my Aunt and Uncle because he bought a 1994 Chevy Silverado. My Aunt and Uncle bought a 1997 Chevy Silverado and then gave the 88 to me. I did a lot of different things to it with my dad and the one was chainging the grill from a GMC to a Chevy. It has a 350 in it with Flathead Pistons and a high performance camshaft. Me and my dad just rebuilt the top end of the motor and it runs great!

Posted Image

Edited by Daryl 83

Cool truck, is that a wishing well in the background?

Thanks. Yea my mom got it to make the house look fancy. Its on top of the opening to the real well though.

Edited by Daryl 83

nice pickup....I love the color and the stripes.....although it would be cool to see you take a grill off 94-98 GMC Sierra or Suburban and put it in there (if it fits)....would make the exterior look 10 years newer.

Yes, I agree. Simple to do, but would make the truck look a whole lot better and newer!

Guest YellowJacket894

Nah, bolt on the grille from a '99 Yukon Denali instead. :thumbsup:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Nah, bolt on the grille from a '99 Yukon Denali instead.  :thumbsup:

That takes a LOT more work, painting, etc., and doesn't look "normal" since they never made them.

I agree with scharmer05 again, that if it were mine, a simple grille and light swap out from a newer model would look great and be very easy to do :thumbsup:

Yea Ive looked into that and it looks really easy. The thing is it costs 200.00 for the grill, lights, bulbs, and sidemarkers. Then the conversion kit for the support braces is another 100 and something. So right now I need to get out of school and get a better job before I do anything else big lol! But that is on my list except im going to get the paintable grill with billet inserts and a billet Bowtie. Then Im going to get this sweet ass bumper cover off of Stylin Concepts. It looks really good with the 94 and up style Headlights. I have over $4000.00 in it so far but when im completly done it will be ALOT more than that but its worth it because its a Chevy. Well a GMC if you want to get technical :thumbsup:

Heres a few Pictures of when I first got it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Daryl 83

I would but I dont like any of the choices of GMC grills for that year there all bulky and pointed and they just look strange.

I would but I dont like any of the choices of GMC grills for that year there all bulky and pointed and they just look strange.

Really?

I think this looks pretty good, at least over that old style:

Posted Image

Wow now I do like that grill Ive never saw that one before. Maybe I will get that one to put on it. Acctually I got the truck given to me so It was worth putting 4grand into it because its paid for.

Wow now I do like that grill Ive never saw that one before. Maybe I will get that one to put on it. Acctually I got the truck given to me so It was worth putting 4grand into it because its paid for.

Well what front end were you thinking of? That's pretty much the only one they used on GMC's throughout the 90's... :stupid:

IDK It was probably that same one I just haven't seen it painted to match like that on a GMC. It looks alot better painted to match than chrome would.

Edited by Daryl 83

It turned out really nice, daryl. I'd put the GMC grille back in it, though, but I'd paint it the same silver as your hood and roof. That would brighten it up over the stock, flat silver.

Im glad I posted this all you guys have really good Ideas about what I should do to it. Thanks for all the comments too.