Poll: Best Design. Cadillac CT6 vs Buick Avenir vs Lincoln Continental

Cadillac CT6 vs Buick Avenir Concept vs Lincoln Continental Concept vs Suprise  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best design?

• Cadillac CT6
    • Buick Avenir
    • Lincoln Continental

Stole this idea from GMI, but I pose this question adding the Lincoln. Keep in mind that the CT6 is a production ready car where as the other two are concepts. Lastly.. does the Elmiraj kill them all in terms of "WOW" effect, and desirability to see go into production?

m7wnn.jpg

25z02vs.jpg

xmj1g2.jpg

28inhc3.jpg

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

I voted CT6, as I simply think that after seeing it in the flesh.. it is absolutely stunning. I will add that the fact that I kno it is on the way does help in my decision process. I have stated before that this car is an S-Class competitor no matter what Cadillac has stated. The 7series is an S-Class competitor and this car simply blows it away in sheer "boldness." It is dauntless. 

The GM Concepts are all gorgeous, and I would rank them easily Elmiraj, Avenir, and then Continental. The Continental, tho wins last place by default.. as I don't think of it as anything really special as it is so derivative of other makes that I feel as tho I've seen it before. That is not a dig at the car, simply a fact. I will add that having been in, driven, and flirting with the idea of buying a Bentley (not the Flying Spur tho).. I was ultimately turned off by the fact that the Lincoln shares an "air" about its design that is reminiscent of the Bentley  FS, which I found boring after not more than an hour with the car. 

The Elmiraj vs the Avenir. What can I say.. one is a Cadillac, and the other a Buick. Despite what others have said about Cadillac not being on par with, say.. Benz.. I JUST DON'T SEE IT that way. Maybe its because of my connection to the past, but I seriously see Cadillac as the real, legitimate competitor to Mercedes Benz. More so than BMW or Audi. Its the heritage.. and the Elmiraj has that in spades. The Avenir, to me.. looks like a four door Elmiraj, with Buick styling cues and an homage to the bustle-back British Leylands of the past. It, in to me, suggests the possibility of a return of Lasalle as a sister brand of Cadillac using Buick instead. 

I would add the Elmiraj to the voting list. With that it is my 2nd place followed by the Buick and then Lincoln. Over all while it is nice to see the Lincoln get a full size sedan the car is not bold enough to push the design language and say this is the new Lincoln. On top of that the interior with all the chrome is just stupid.  The reflection blindness on the windshield is going to be massively bad and it just looks blingy cheap to me. I like chrome in moderation but we still seem to have stupid designers that think everything chromed is a good thing.

WRONG, like anything moderation especially when it comes too luxury, make a statement that shows your different but strong and in moderation.

I voted for the Avenir because I think it is a bigger departure from where the brand is today.  The CT6 is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but I expected the CT6 to be what it is. The Continental is nice, and it is a departure from the current Lincoln norm, however I have my doubts as to how much of it will end up in production.

Just like when  I get my review at work

Cadillac CT6 - Meets Expectations

Buick Avenir - Exceeds Expectations

Lincoln Continental - Needs Improvement

• Agree 1

I hear U Drew. It actually makes sense, altho I stick by my vote. I am looking forward to a test drive before purchase/lease of a new CTS-V, but the CT6 actually gives me pause. The overall design is, imo, on par with the CTS-V, as in the CTS-V is an enhancement or upgrade on the already stellar appearance of the CTS. The CT6 shares in that distinction. It strikes me as BOLD and BRASH, while at the same time being classy and mature. Quite frankly I think that it blows the German big cars away in terms of looks.. if for no other reason than I have always thought the CTS killed it, in terms of styling, versus the 5, A6, and E-Class

I haven't followed the CT6 news as much as I should have, but I was disappointed in a 'bigger' CTS when it debuted.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Elmiraj and saw it in person at last year's NYIAS.  I guess I was expecting a production version of that over a bloated CTS.  I like the CT6, don't get me wrong, but I was expecting something other than a CTS-inspired design.

The Buick Avenir is an awesome car and that's why I voted for it.  Saw it twice this year; Philly Auto Show in early February and at the NYIAS two weeks ago.  Still impresses me very much and love the design language that looks like nothing else in Buick's current lineup (and like the nod to the Riviera in the rear styling).

• Agree 1

Thus far the Avenir is winning. I would say that this is more of a testament against the Lincoln than it is the CT6.. considering again.. the CT6 is production. 

I think it has a lot to do with expectations. I personally was not disappointed with the CT6, but I'm sure there are those that were expecting an El Miraj.... so the CT6 would seem like a disappointment.