Perfect song for a perfect drive & Lambo

What are your perfect song(s) for a perfect drive?

Not exactly something seen everyday: a Lamborghini!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Everybody wants love to be easy" __ Nitty Gritty Dirt Band __ 'Stand A Little Rain'

I'm a man of many tastes. 

So am I now ... tho it wasn't always that way.

But ... I can drive to ALMOST anything.

Some good choices, FD & cp!

"My heart is like an open highway" __ Bon Jovi __ 'It's My Life'

Some fast hard rock is what I love listening to while driving in any situation. I've also got some Eurodance stuff that is pretty good.

Nothing better than cruising alone the motorway at night while some really good music is playing.

Yeah, before I got rid of my BMW, when I was out on my favorite B roads, as the Brits call them, Linkin Park, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Rage Against the Machine, The Used, Flux Pavilion, Tiesto, Van Buren, Above & Beyond, and Swedish House Mafia could always get the job done.

Makes my pulse quicken just thinking about it.  :metal:  :smilewide:

What BMW did you have? I had a 2004 320D that I loved but was forced into selling it earlier this year.

Last summer I went through a phase of driving the motorway to the coast at around 3-4 in the morning. At that time there was nothing about (I drove the length of it, around 30 miles and not once did I encounter another car) so it felt like the road was my own, I had some brilliant music playing on a CD I made and was crusing along comfortably. There's just something about the lights, the darkness and the feeling of being alone with the car and the music that just feels special somehow.

I listen to everything when I drive.

Depending on my mood, the weather. The time of day or night.

From Disco, to 1990s Euro Dance, to Reggae, to Rock...any Rock. Sometimes Im in the mood for 1950s Rock.  Sometimes its psycheledic 60s, sometimes its bubble gum 1960s rock...sometimes its anti-Viet Nam 1960s rock, sometimes its good ole soul, sometimes its the Detroit Sound from the 1960s, sometimes its the 1970s and the 1980s rock. The British Invasion 1960s rock...sometimes its even Surf Music.

I even get funky driving to old skool rap from the 1980s and early 1990s. But no Vanilla Ice...

Hell...Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sam Cooke and all the fantastic crooners get played in my car too...loud and proud.

Pop music and Freestyle from the 1980s is rarely played....but its played...but at a very low volume...shhhhhhhh.

Greek Music. Yeah...I sometimes blast Greek music in my car.

Other times...the good ol' radio dial is tuned at the the local AM sports station.

Edited by oldshurst442

What BMW did you have? I had a 2004 320D that I loved but was forced into selling it earlier this year.

Last summer I went through a phase of driving the motorway to the coast at around 3-4 in the morning. At that time there was nothing about (I drove the length of it, around 30 miles and not once did I encounter another car) so it felt like the road was my own, I had some brilliant music playing on a CD I made and was crusing along comfortably. There's just something about the lights, the darkness and the feeling of being alone with the car and the music that just feels special somehow.

E90 (sedan) 335i Sport Pkg. Had intake/tune on E85, about 18psi. It ran good.

The title says it all, but the perfect song for a drive is Audioslave's "I Am the Highway".  Now I could come up with a much longer playlist for a long drive, but if I'm picking one perfect song, that is it.  Just the entire tone of the song evokes the feeling of driving towards a horizon as the sun is starting to set, and it's one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite artists, so I'm a little biased.

The title says it all, but the perfect song for a drive is Audioslave's "I Am the Highway".  Now I could come up with a much longer playlist for a long drive, but if I'm picking one perfect song, that is it.  Just the entire tone of the song evokes the feeling of driving towards a horizon as the sun is starting to set, and it's one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite artists, so I'm a little biased.

Wouldn't be my choice, as I like stuff a little harder/faster, but that was a very good description.

Nothing better than cruising alone the motorway at night while some really good music is playing.

Ohhhhhh, yes, indeed!

Makes my pulse quicken just thinking about it.

With that list, I can see why. ;)  Of those you mentioned, Linkin Park is my favorite.

There's just something about the lights, the darkness and the feeling of being alone with the car and the music that just feels special somehow.

I'd have to agree ... from personal experience as well.

Other times...the good ol' radio dial is tuned at the the local AM sports station.

Chuckled at this ... b/c I'll listen to the AM sports stations from time to time as well.

"We all have a song that somehow touched our lives" __ Kenney Chesney __ 'I Go Back'

Wouldn't be my choice, as I like stuff a little harder/faster, but that was a very good description.

Don't get me wrong, I love that stuff, too, but that's why I'm awfully tempted to write a whole long playlist.  I wouldn't know when to stop, though, it'd just keep going.