Anyone here near Newburgh, NY?

Is this your GMC Truck Project?

Yes, it's one of many "dream" GMC truck projects I'd like to take under.

I wish I could help.. but I'm in Illinois..

What vehicle are you looking at?

You may laugh, and think it's not a worthy truck of a restoration project, but it is a 1995 GMC Sonoma SLS 4WD Regular Cab "Highrider".  Here's a link to the CL ad: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5137858704.html

00y0y_ixxdmCvUqSa_600x450.jpg

00w0w_jVHG3Lc64vn_600x450.jpg

00k0k_5OjgPwYQVwN_600x450.jpg

00505_2sObY1dL6gl_600x450.jpg

Backstory: In 1994 I fell in love with the all-new GMC Sonoma pickup, and one of the first models I was able to see in person at the dealership (Malouf Buick-Pontiac-GMC in New Brunswick, NJ) was in the same bright blue paint as the one for sale on CL.  I even have a picture of that truck in an album that is buried in my basement.  The 1994 GMC Sonoma brochure even featured that same bright blue regular cab Highrider in the centerfold :smilewide:  It took me 7 years to finally get a GMC Sonoma Highrider of my own, a 2001 Extended Cab in Indigo Blue Metallic (dark blue).  I have such fond memories of that truck (I leased it May, '01 to November, '03).  That is one vehicle I truly was not happy to see leave my driveway (it sucked as a family hauler, but that's not the reason I got it).

If I was able to get the '95 on CL a little cheaper, I'd be happy making that my truck project.  Being over two hours away, I just don't have the time for a drive of my own to see the truck; if it was much closer then it would be a different story.

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

You may laugh, and think it's not a worthy truck of a restoration project, but it is a 1995 GMC Sonoma SLS 4WD Regular Cab "Highrider".  Here's a link to the CL ad: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/5137858704.html

00y0y_ixxdmCvUqSa_600x450.jpg

Backstory: In 1994 I fell in love with the all-new GMC Sonoma pickup, and one of the first models I was able to see in person at the dealership (Malouf Buick-Pontiac-GMC in New Brunswick, NJ) was in the same bright blue paint as the one for sale on CL.  I even have a picture of that truck in an album that is buried in my basement.  The 1994 GMC Sonoma brochure even featured that same bright blue regular cab Highrider in the centerfold :smilewide:  It took me 7 years to finally get a GMC Sonoma Highrider of my own, a 2001 Extended Cab in Indigo Blue Metallic (dark blue).  I have such fond memories of that truck (I leased it May, '01 to November, '03).  That is one vehicle I truly was not happy to see leave my driveway (it sucked as a family hauler, but that's not the reason I got it).

If I was able to get the '95 on CL a little cheaper, I'd be happy making that my truck project.  Being over two hours away, I just don't have the time for a drive of my own to see the truck; if it was much closer then it would be a different story.

Laugh? No way. I get why you want something like this.

• Agree 1

Im from Montreal...not THAT far away, but far away enough.

I googled to see where Newburg was....I saw that Poughkeepsie is close by. My mom's cousin lived in Poughkeepsie in the late 1970s to the mid 1980s...he moved to Florida...I think its Jacksonville...anyhoo...sorry to distract from the subject.

Good luck to you...