GMT161 Sub Equinox Theta

Can any insiders tell us the status on this program. GMT161 had been progressing for quit few yrs as a Mini SUV on Theta below the Equnox & VUE for Chevy, GMC and Saturn but I have heard rumors it is another victim of the budget axe. With the NG VUE appearing to grow in size and the Equinox almost as large as a T Blazer it seems with rising gas prices this a program that needs to see the light of day. Any insight?

The NG Vue is not growing in size very much at all, just an inch longer and wider perhaps. I believe the 160s in question (for Chevy, GMC and Buick) were being re-evaluated for competitive reasons, although both Chevy and BPG could use at least one each below the midsize Equinox and Torrent. The other 160s are still on track.

I believe the 160s in question (for Chevy, GMC and Buick) were being re-evaluated for competitive reasons, although both Chevy and BPG could use at least one each below the midsize Equinox and Torrent. The other 160s are still on track.

The others? How many more are being planned?

I'd guess GMC, but it's a guess.

I'd be a shame if it was a GMC, as opposed to Buick, IMO. If GM could pull off (and it know it can!) pull off the heavy differentiation found in the Lambdas, I think there would definitely be room for Chevy, Saturn, Buick, Saab, and Caddy. I say that because it's such a hot market, and none of the aforementioned brands share a showroom. If they didn't share sheetmetal, and had unique interiors, it'd be a good thing. Hopefully, the NG Theta will be able to accept an array of powertrains. As for sub-Theta, I haven't heard anything about it in a while. If it was produced, I'd give it to Chevy, Saturn, and Pontiac.

Hopefully, the NG Theta will be able to accept an array of powertrains. 

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. Presently they use a 4 cylinder(with and without hybrid abilities), a chinesse OHV v6, and a Hond sourced OHC v6. Previously there was the 54 degree OHC v6. There are manual transmissions, conventional 4 and 5 speed automatics, and previously a CVT transmission.

That is quite an array of powertrains.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here.  Presently they use a 4 cylinder(with and without hybrid abilities), a chinesse OHV v6, and a Hond sourced OHC v6.  Previously there was the 54 degree OHC v6.  There are manual transmissions,  conventional 4 and 5 speed automatics, and previously a CVT transmission.

That is quite an array of powertrains.

He means hopefully the Equinox and Torrent get better engine options besides the 3.4.

Great idea on the Rendezvous! Especially considering that the Enclave is full-size, but larger than a Mercury Mariner. Buick shouldn't make it too tall looking like the current model, but follow the Enclave's styling and 3.6-liter High Feature V-6 (ditto for Equinox/Torrent, should the latter continue or even have a purpose).